Just in time for the holidays, QNAP, Inc. has upgraded its mid-level NAS lineup with a bevy of new features and capabilities that will have even Santa envious. The new TS-x53A family includes 2, 4, 6, and 8-drive bay models that feature new Intel Braswell N3150 1.66 GHz (burst 2.08 GHz) quad-core processors and a 4K-capable HDMI output. 4GB of DDR3L system RAM is standard and 8GB is optional. Perhaps even more eye-catching though is the new Linux Station, QNAP Snapshot file recovery, high performance hardware-based encryption for added security and an impressive lineup of genuinely useful consumer & business-ready apps. The TS-x53A series are also expandable up to 128TB* for added storage needs.
The TS-x53A series features QNAP's embedded QTS 4.2 NAS OS, and QNAP has pioneered exclusive features like new Snapshot file recovery, which "undeletes" a file from a snapshot of the NAS volume, and Qsirch; the first-ever real-time full-text natural search capability on a NAS. QTS 4.2 offers other enhancements for sharing, backing up, and enjoying files including music, videos, movies, and pictures right on its browser-based OS. The TS-x53A series' built-in with virtualization capabilities also allow users to build Container applications (LXC and Docker) as well as VMs on top of the NAS. Another great new feature is Linux Station, based on LXC which provides a complete Linux environment along with full functionality for both entertainment and development.
Powered by 8th-generation Intel Graphics, the new faster processors allow the TS-x53A series NAS to transcode 4K UHD/1080p videos on-the-fly even faster and can handle multiple concurrent users/tasks with ease. The Qmedia channel was recently introduced for Roku players and Roku TVs, allowing users to easily stream photos, music and videos from their QNAP NAS devices to your home TV. The solid array of new business features as well as the impressive new home components makes the TS-x53A series the quintessential storage solution for small offices, workgroups and prosumers.
New models at a glance
- TS-253A-4G/8G (2 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-453A-4G/8G (4 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-653A-4G/8G (6 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
- TS-853A-4G/8G (8 x 2.5/3.5 inch drives, 4GB/8GB RAM)
The new TS-x53A models are currently shipping in the US and Canada markets.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Tekken 7 launches on June 2, 2017 in the Americas
- The end of the world awaits in Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM