Samsung Electronics Australia has today announced the local launch for the new Gear VR device, extending its virtual reality range. The latest edition of the Gear VR is compatible with four different Samsung smartphones, including the Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge+, S6 and S6 edge, utilising each device's super AMOLED display to provide the colour, clarity and performance needed for an amazing virtual reality experience.
"Samsung is firmly committed to driving forward innovation in our wearable offering and we see the Gear VR as a way to open the door of immersive virtual reality for Australians who demand the best mobile experiences," said Prasad Gokhale, Vice President – IT & Mobile – Samsung Electronics Australia. "We're very excited to launch this Gear VR model in Australia which will enable Australians consumers to experience incredible content on their compatible Samsung smartphones."
The Samsung Gear VR is considerably lighter than the previous Gear VR Innovator Edition (without Galaxy smartphone), and includes new foam cushioning to make the device comfortable to wear. In addition, the Gear VR's touchpad, provides great control while enjoying the wide selection of film, games, 360 degree video and experiential content available for Gear VR*.
In addition to content available to purchase from Oculus, consumers will also be able to enjoy Samsung Internet for Gear VR beta*, an app that allows users to browse the web in an immersive 360-degree experience, as well as watch 360 degree videos available through websites like YouTube*. The Samsung Internet for Gear VR beta app lets consumers enjoy and access compatible content online.* It supports both 360-degree and 3D video streaming, as well as compatible HTML5 video from the web.
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Gear VR is available now in Frost White for RRP $159.00 from the Samsung experience store and e-Store, with an expected wider on-sale in 2016.
Samsung Internet for Gear VR beta version will be available for download in the Oculus Store beginning December 2. Supported Samsung devices include: Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, and Galaxy Note5 with Gear VR.
Samsung Gear VR Product Specifications^
* Movies, games, apps and other virtual content may need to be downloaded and purchased from the Oculus Store. Internet connection required. Data, subscription and other charges may apply. Usage may be subject to third party service provider agreements.
^All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4