Samsung Electronics Australia has today announced the local launch for the new Gear VR device, extending its virtual reality range. The latest edition of the Gear VR is compatible with four different Samsung smartphones, including the Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge+, S6 and S6 edge, utilising each device's super AMOLED display to provide the colour, clarity and performance needed for an amazing virtual reality experience.
"Samsung is firmly committed to driving forward innovation in our wearable offering and we see the Gear VR as a way to open the door of immersive virtual reality for Australians who demand the best mobile experiences," said Prasad Gokhale, Vice President – IT & Mobile – Samsung Electronics Australia. "We're very excited to launch this Gear VR model in Australia which will enable Australians consumers to experience incredible content on their compatible Samsung smartphones."
The Samsung Gear VR is considerably lighter than the previous Gear VR Innovator Edition (without Galaxy smartphone), and includes new foam cushioning to make the device comfortable to wear. In addition, the Gear VR's touchpad, provides great control while enjoying the wide selection of film, games, 360 degree video and experiential content available for Gear VR*.
In addition to content available to purchase from Oculus, consumers will also be able to enjoy Samsung Internet for Gear VR beta*, an app that allows users to browse the web in an immersive 360-degree experience, as well as watch 360 degree videos available through websites like YouTube*. The Samsung Internet for Gear VR beta app lets consumers enjoy and access compatible content online.* It supports both 360-degree and 3D video streaming, as well as compatible HTML5 video from the web.
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Gear VR is available now in Frost White for RRP $159.00 from the Samsung experience store and e-Store, with an expected wider on-sale in 2016.
Samsung Internet for Gear VR beta version will be available for download in the Oculus Store beginning December 2. Supported Samsung devices include: Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, and Galaxy Note5 with Gear VR.
Samsung Gear VR Product Specifications^
* Movies, games, apps and other virtual content may need to be downloaded and purchased from the Oculus Store. Internet connection required. Data, subscription and other charges may apply. Usage may be subject to third party service provider agreements.
^All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni