Synology Inc. today launched DiskStation DS216, a feature-rich 2-bay NAS server conceived to be a perfect match for workgroups and office environment, and specially designed for sharing and protecting data. "DS216 will quickly become your best work partner, providing multiple handy office applications and improving productivity at work." said Jason Fan, product manager at Synology Inc.
DS216 is built to deliver optimal multi-tasking experience at the best price/performance ratio. Powered by a dual-core 1.3 GHz CPU and 512 MB DDR3 memory, DS216 outperforms its predecessor and delivers an exceeding read and write speed at over 111 MB/s under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment.
With the built-in Floating-Point Unit (FPU) which further enhances the overall capability of the main CPU, the DS216 is particularly advantageous in speeding up thumbnail processing, and enhancing photo viewing at different resolutions. With an encryption engine, it also offloads encryption calculation tasks away from the main CPU, helping to improve file transfer speeds. DS216 is equipped with a USB port and a USB copy button on the front panel for easy data transfer.
Designed with the mindset of non-stopping up-time service, DS216 is equipped with hot-swappable and tool-less drive trays for easy installation, simplifying drive replacement and maintenance.
DS216 runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM), the most advanced and intuitive operating system for NAS devices. Featuring a wide range of applications from backup to network management, DS216 provides all essential business services and increased productivity at work. Synology was named "PC Mag Business Choice Award winner" for the second consecutive year, and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information on DS216, please visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4