Thecus Technology Corp. today announced the launch of the latest addition to its Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials NAS series, the enhanced W5810 equipped with the quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz processor and 4 GB DDR3 RAM. Designed for small and medium businesses of up to 50 employees, the W5810 provides a robust, centralized storage solution for businesses to access, share, and manage files securely within a network while simultaneously hosting PC backups in one central location.
"Continuing on the success of the original Windows Storage server 2012 solutions from Thecus, the W5810 provides increased power allowing users enhanced multi-tasking abilities", said Florence Shih, CEO of Thecus Technology Corp. "The new Thecus Windows Storage Server provides an ideal solution for individuals and organizations with Windows infrastructure to securely manage and backup their data."
The newly designed 5-bay Windows-based Thecus NAS enables users to seamlessly integrate with industry leading cloud-based solutions including Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Backup. As a turnkey solution, the Thecus WSS NAS is simple enough to be set up without IT support yet provides enterprise-level solutions. The W5810 comes embedded with a 60GB SSD, which houses the Windows software, and offers capacity of up to 40 TB. Moreover, it features two Gigabit LAN ports with failover support, three USB 3.0 ports for speedy data transmission, and an HDMI port for multimedia functions.
Windows Storage Server Essentials offers a host of features and functionality for organizations of all sizes including Data Deduplication and Storage Spaces for efficiency and protection, native support for Active Directory, and remote access through the P2P application, Orbweb. Users can further customize the W5810 to specific business needs as it supports third-party Windows Server add-ins.
- MS License included
- Quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz processor
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- Enhanced Boot Drive: Embedded 60GB SSD
- Top Storage for 1-50 Employee Business
- Office 365 & Microsoft Azure: Cloud Service Integration
- Active Directory Domain Services: Scalable, Secure User Management
- Data Deduplication: Performance Optimization
- Remote web access - access and sync over multiple devices
- Automatic client computer backup
Availability: Units will begin shipping globally in December, 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court