Thecus Technology Corp. today announced the launch of the latest addition to its Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials NAS series, the enhanced W5810 equipped with the quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz processor and 4 GB DDR3 RAM. Designed for small and medium businesses of up to 50 employees, the W5810 provides a robust, centralized storage solution for businesses to access, share, and manage files securely within a network while simultaneously hosting PC backups in one central location.
"Continuing on the success of the original Windows Storage server 2012 solutions from Thecus, the W5810 provides increased power allowing users enhanced multi-tasking abilities", said Florence Shih, CEO of Thecus Technology Corp. "The new Thecus Windows Storage Server provides an ideal solution for individuals and organizations with Windows infrastructure to securely manage and backup their data."
The newly designed 5-bay Windows-based Thecus NAS enables users to seamlessly integrate with industry leading cloud-based solutions including Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Backup. As a turnkey solution, the Thecus WSS NAS is simple enough to be set up without IT support yet provides enterprise-level solutions. The W5810 comes embedded with a 60GB SSD, which houses the Windows software, and offers capacity of up to 40 TB. Moreover, it features two Gigabit LAN ports with failover support, three USB 3.0 ports for speedy data transmission, and an HDMI port for multimedia functions.
Windows Storage Server Essentials offers a host of features and functionality for organizations of all sizes including Data Deduplication and Storage Spaces for efficiency and protection, native support for Active Directory, and remote access through the P2P application, Orbweb. Users can further customize the W5810 to specific business needs as it supports third-party Windows Server add-ins.
- MS License included
- Quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz processor
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- Enhanced Boot Drive: Embedded 60GB SSD
- Top Storage for 1-50 Employee Business
- Office 365 & Microsoft Azure: Cloud Service Integration
- Active Directory Domain Services: Scalable, Secure User Management
- Data Deduplication: Performance Optimization
- Remote web access - access and sync over multiple devices
- Automatic client computer backup
Availability: Units will begin shipping globally in December, 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design