Thecus Technology Corp. today announced the launch of the latest addition to its Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials NAS series, the enhanced W5810 equipped with the quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz processor and 4 GB DDR3 RAM. Designed for small and medium businesses of up to 50 employees, the W5810 provides a robust, centralized storage solution for businesses to access, share, and manage files securely within a network while simultaneously hosting PC backups in one central location.
"Continuing on the success of the original Windows Storage server 2012 solutions from Thecus, the W5810 provides increased power allowing users enhanced multi-tasking abilities", said Florence Shih, CEO of Thecus Technology Corp. "The new Thecus Windows Storage Server provides an ideal solution for individuals and organizations with Windows infrastructure to securely manage and backup their data."
The newly designed 5-bay Windows-based Thecus NAS enables users to seamlessly integrate with industry leading cloud-based solutions including Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Backup. As a turnkey solution, the Thecus WSS NAS is simple enough to be set up without IT support yet provides enterprise-level solutions. The W5810 comes embedded with a 60GB SSD, which houses the Windows software, and offers capacity of up to 40 TB. Moreover, it features two Gigabit LAN ports with failover support, three USB 3.0 ports for speedy data transmission, and an HDMI port for multimedia functions.
Windows Storage Server Essentials offers a host of features and functionality for organizations of all sizes including Data Deduplication and Storage Spaces for efficiency and protection, native support for Active Directory, and remote access through the P2P application, Orbweb. Users can further customize the W5810 to specific business needs as it supports third-party Windows Server add-ins.
- MS License included
- Quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz processor
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- Enhanced Boot Drive: Embedded 60GB SSD
- Top Storage for 1-50 Employee Business
- Office 365 & Microsoft Azure: Cloud Service Integration
- Active Directory Domain Services: Scalable, Secure User Management
- Data Deduplication: Performance Optimization
- Remote web access - access and sync over multiple devices
- Automatic client computer backup
Availability: Units will begin shipping globally in December, 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software