Samsung Launches 1.5 Terabyte ''EcoGreen'' F2EG Hard Disk Drive
Samsung Electronics, a world leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, today announced its new EcoGreen F2EG hard disk that delivers a massive 1.5 TB of capacity with 500 GB per disk. With increased recording density and reduced number of disks, the EcoGreen F2 drive is more power efficient by supporting a capacity up to 1.5TB with 3 disks.
"Lower platter count means less power to start the motor, less power to continuously spin the motor and a lighter head-stack which takes less power to seek," said Andy Higginbotham, director of HDD sales and marketing for the Samsung Semiconductor Storage Division. "With fewer heads and disks, the F2EG hard drive has a lower probability of head-disk failures, enabling customers to build more reliable systems."
As hard disk capacity increases from an increased number of disks, so does power consumption. However, Samsung's F2EG drive offers low power consumption by using EcoTriangle, a low-power, low-heat, low-noise operation technology. With its advanced design and fewer components, the F2EG drive is 40% lower in power consumption in idle mode and 45% lower in reading/writing mode than competitive drives. Samsung's Eco-Triangle technology offers more energy efficient and high performance hard drive options to manufacturers of home media PC, external HDD, set-top box, and personal NAS.
In addition to the European Union (EU)'s Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS) Regulations, Samsung's F2EG drive complies with many other environmental regulations.
Samsung's EcoGreen F2EG drive, which is suitable for both external hard disks and desktop PC, incorporates 500 GB/1 TB/1.5 TB capacity, 16 MB/32 MB buffer memory, and 3.0 gigabytes per second (Gbps) Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) interface. The F2EG hard drive, employing advanced PMR technology, achieves greater aerial density and improves transfer performance as well.
The F2EG family of drives is currently being shipped to major OEM businesses. The 1.5 TB HDD is available at $149.00 MSRP.
Latest News Posts
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications