Eurocom Preps the World's Most Powerful Clevo D900F Phantom i7 Laptop
Eurocom, the world's leading developer of highly personalized, high-performance notebook PCs and energy efficient All-in-One PCs, recently introduced the EUROCOM D901C PHANTOM-i7 Mobile Workstation/Server powered by Intel's newest line of Quad Core and XEON LGA1366 processors. EUROCOM PHANTOM-i7 provides workstation and server-caliber capabilities with 1.5 Terabytes of storage with three physical SATA-300 hard drives in RAID 0/1/5, super-powerful 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition I7-965; 3.2 GHz XEON X5580 processors running at 2x 6.4 GT/sec bus speed or 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor I-940 running at 4.8 GT/sec with 8 MB L3 cache, Gigabit Ethernet port on-board, HDMI, eSATA, DVI ports, with a 17" WUXGA LCD display and full size keyboard.
Featuring workstation-class or server-class Intel Core i7 or Xeon Processor and up to 16 GB of DDR3-1366 memory, the D900F PHANTOM-i7 also features the largest storage capacity on the market today - a whopping 1.5 TB with RAID 0/1/5 - making it the perfect mobile workstation or server laptop for users who demand extra-large capacity storage and reliability for true portable server / workstation experience.
EUROCOM PHANTOM-i7 supports most of 64-bit operating systems available on the market for XP Pro 64-bit, Vista 64-bit or Microsoft Server 2008 and Red Hat.
Driving the system is Intel Core i7 the newest 130 W 3.2 GHz Extreme Edition i7-965 processor with bus speeds of up to 2x 6.4 GT/sec and 8 MB of L3 cache, which delivers exceptional multi-tasking and multi-threaded performance. It also supports the newest line of Intel Core i7 Xeon processors X55xx series.
The PHANTOM-i7, which measures 15.8" x 11.9" x 2.05" and weights under 12 lbs, also supplies tremendous SATA-300 storage (up to 1.5 TB using three hard drives). Customers may also choose between RAID 0, RAID 1 or RAID 5 for the ultimate transfer rates and application load times or redundancy.
"It's a server or workstation-caliber computer complete with built-in Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) in a 12 pounds notebook form factor," said Mark Bialic, President of Eurocom. "This is one extremely fast notebook that offers server or workstation caliber capabilities. It is designed to replace traditional desktop based workstations. It offers incredible high ROI by allowing companies to be more productive and offer new "on the go" CAD/CAM services while greatly reducing overall IT management costs".
Definition of Mobile Workstation
Mobile Workstation is a new category of notebooks designed to replace a desktop-based workstation for a professional user. With unrivalled power, unsurpassed features and portability, the Mobile Workstation is the ultimate evolution of the Desktop Replacement notebook. With the release of mobile workstations, Eurocom has taken the next step in the evolution of the desktop replacement by combining workstation like features, power and flexibility with desktop replacement technology. Mobile Workstation is the most powerful notebook on the market. With the arrival of 64-bit Operating System technology, mobile workstations run two times faster 64-bit applications than 32-bit desktop PCs. Featuring the most innovative computer technologies, they are engineered for the highest quality, best performance, long-term stability and serviceability. As a single computing solution, mobile workstation provides a perfect alternative to a traditional workstation class desktop computer system.
EUROCOM High-End Mobile Workstations
EUROCOM mobile workstations are designed specifically for high-end professional and graphics users demanding maximum performance and power when running professional applications such as CAD/CAM/CAE, 3D animation, 3D simulation, engineering, financial simulations, math, forensic, 3D imaging, mapping and charting, satellite image processing, GIS, or medical software, or graphics work.
Key Benefits of Mobile Workstations
- Reduced IT Management costs (one piece of equipment to move around)
- Improved Productivity (anytime, anywhere)
- Increased Revenue Growth (allows introduction of new services, i.e. CAD/CAM/CAE consulting/training on-the-go)
- Improved reliability of data (internal battery = built-in UPS)
- Reduced equipment cost (single computer solution)
- Reduced litigation costs due to intellectual properties rights (out-of-the office consulting)
Specific Vertical Markets:
- Aerospace (CAM/CAE/CAD)
- Car Manufacturing
- Education (Departments of Architecture, Engineering, Geography, Animation, Video Production; GIS)
- Financial sector
- Forensic (i.e. FBI)
- Governments (Department of Fisheries and Oceans; Army; Navy; Public Works/Engineering; GIS)
- Military (Mapping, Charting, Imaging, Navigation)
- Medical (Imaging)
- Software Development (Databases, CRM, Operating)
Mobile workstations feature the most advanced computer technology, such as:
- High-performance Processors: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition or XEON processorsv64-bit hardware and multiple operating systems support (Windows Pro 64, Vista64, Server2008, Red Hat)
- 16 GB of high performance memory,
- Up to 1.5 GB of storage with multiple high performance SATA-300 hard
- RAID 0/1/5 for extra performance, data redundancy or automatic backups
- High performance VGA graphics including NVIDIA's SLI GTX 280M
- Up to 1 GB of video and the fastest graphics with OpenGL NVIDIA Quadro FX3700
- Large displays (17" or 18.4") in a portable form factorvBlu Ray and DVD Burning on the go
- High Performance 1 Gigabit LAN on-board and support for 2nd 1Gigabit LAN interfacev102-key desktop-like full size keyboards with separate numeric keypad
- Multiple I/O Ports: 4 or 5 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire ports, serial and parallel ports, DVI ports for multiple external monitors, S-Video In ports for digital video cameras, media card readers, Optical digital and analog audio I/O, built-in microphone and stereo speakers
- Excellent Wireless: internal up to 450 Mbps WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.0
- Internal battery allows uninterrupted operation in case of power failure.
- Excellent Surround Sound System with SRS WOW technology
- Optional internal TV Tuner for Digital and/or Analog Video Input
Latest News Posts
- Xbox and Windows are merging under Microsoft's Project Helix strategy
- CRYENGINE goes open source, now available for download
- Blizzard announces ranked play is coming to Overwatch next month
- Want another Mirror's Edge game? That's up to you, says EA
- AIDA64 developers spill the beans on NVIDIA's full Pascal line up
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- PC won't boot - it trys, all fans run for approx 5 secs then shut down and start again!
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition