The Viper SmartStart 4.0 app is now available for the Apple Watch and Android Wear, allowing drivers to quickly and easily start, control, and locate their vehicle from virtually anywhere using their smartwatch. The iOS version is available in the app store now, download for free it here. Viper is also making a beta version available for Android users here, and the full version of the Android app will be available within two weeks.
Viper SmartStart 4.0 works with virtually any after-market car, allowing drivers to talk to or tap on their smartwatch to find, lock, unlock, and remotely start their vehicle, as well as manage alerts. Drivers can follow turn-by-turn directions back to their car, pop their boot, hit the panic button, and receive low battery alerts all from their wrist.
"Viper SmartStart 4.0 capitalises on that potential and offers drivers unprecedented control of their vehicle, whether they're using a smartwatch or smartphone."
"Have your watch guide you to your car. Tap your wrist to unlock your doors. Say the word and your engine starts. Wearable technology has the potential to connect drivers to their cars like never before," said Frank DeMartin, Senior Vice President of Product Development and Engineering for Viper. "Viper SmartStart 4.0 capitalises on that potential and offers drivers unprecedented control of their vehicle, whether they're using a smartwatch or smartphone."
In addition to its smartwatch functionality, the Viper SmartStart 4.0 app for iOS and Android offers a number of features for smartphones. Its improved, easier-to-use speed alert can show when young drivers are speeding, and users can set a SmartFence to designate certain areas as restricted - they receive an alert when the car enters or exits that perimeter. When maintenance is needed, the app notes diagnostic trouble codes and explains the issue.*
* Some SmartStart 4.0 features available to USA residents only
"We're truly excited about the amazing new functionality that Viper SmartStart 4.0 offers our customers. Once again Viper has demonstrated it's first to market with the latest in vehicle control and security systems and we are proud to bring this state of the art technology to our local markets" said Steve Siolis, Managing Director of Directed Electronics, distributor of Viper products in Australia and New Zealand.
The new app is compatible with all existing Viper SmartStart hardware, providing current and future users with an intuitive user interface and quick access to key features.
Visit the Viper Australia & NZ website for more information.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- Qualcomm acquires NXP Semiconductor for $47 billion
- Nintendo Switch has 6-inch 720p multi-touchscreen
- Twitter kills Vine app, web version still available
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications