TRENDnet Demonstrates the Extreme Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TORRANCE, Calif. -March 4, 2009-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand today demonstrates the high performance Extreme Dual-Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-673GR. Built for extreme performance with an Atheros chipset, it delivers unsurpassed 600Mbps concurrent dual band wireless n throughput performance, extended coverage and exceptional reliability with up to 20x the throughput and more than 4x the coverage of a wireless g router. It also sports a stylish display screen that displays real time performance metrics.
Concurrent Dual-Band technology enables the use of two wireless networks simultaneously, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio frequencies. This allows users to create an advanced hybrid network in which wireless clients can be assigned to either the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz band. Most wireless networks use the 2.4GHz radio frequency, which is shared with cordless phones, cellular phones, microwaves and Bluetooth devices. The crowded nature of the 2.4GHz band can degrade your network's wireless performance and interfere with and slow your transmissions. Dual-band networking allows users to connect low-bandwidth clients to the more congested 2.4GHz band and high-bandwidth, latency-sensitive applications such as streaming HD multimedia content and online game play to the uncongested 5GHz band, resulting is a seamless wireless experience.
The TRENDnet TEW-673GR employs Atheros' XSPAN® AR9002AP platform, which consists of the AR9220 and AR9223 XSPAN dual-band radio chipset. This solution robustly supports advanced multimedia applications with reliable wireless throughput and home coverage. Atheros' XSPAN dual-concurrent technology provides leading performance, supporting up to 600Mbps physical data rates in concurrent dual band mode and an impressive 200Mbps of actual user throughput on both uplink and downlink transmissions. The platform also features Atheros' 680MHz AR7161 wireless network processor and Atheros' AR8316 Gigabit Ethernet switch, to support unsurpassed bandwidth to both wired and wireless clients.
Wi-Fi Certification ensures that the router has met the most rigorous wireless Draft 802.11N specifications, providing interoperability with other wireless products as well as backward compatibility with legacy wireless standards.
Energy Star Certification provides a 30 percent reduction in power consumption versus the previous generation. A unique wireless on/off switch offers additional energy savings and security by turning off the wireless signal when it is not in use. Wi-Fi Protected SetupT (WPS) integrates other WPS-supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button.
"This router's unsurpassed performance is impressive," stated Sonny Su, Technology Director of TRENDnet. "We have also integrated a display screen on the front face of the router so that users can see key performance metrics in real time without having to open the router's Browser-based management interface."
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- R.I.P. Sir Roger 'James Bond' Moore
- AMD delayed Radeon RX Vega until July?
- Huawei announces affordable Honor 6A smartphone
- Tesla's Model 3 deliveries begin in July
- Huawei unveils Honor Band A2 priced at $29
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning