TRENDnet Demonstrates the Extreme Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TORRANCE, Calif. -March 4, 2009-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand today demonstrates the high performance Extreme Dual-Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-673GR. Built for extreme performance with an Atheros chipset, it delivers unsurpassed 600Mbps concurrent dual band wireless n throughput performance, extended coverage and exceptional reliability with up to 20x the throughput and more than 4x the coverage of a wireless g router. It also sports a stylish display screen that displays real time performance metrics.
Concurrent Dual-Band technology enables the use of two wireless networks simultaneously, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio frequencies. This allows users to create an advanced hybrid network in which wireless clients can be assigned to either the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz band. Most wireless networks use the 2.4GHz radio frequency, which is shared with cordless phones, cellular phones, microwaves and Bluetooth devices. The crowded nature of the 2.4GHz band can degrade your network's wireless performance and interfere with and slow your transmissions. Dual-band networking allows users to connect low-bandwidth clients to the more congested 2.4GHz band and high-bandwidth, latency-sensitive applications such as streaming HD multimedia content and online game play to the uncongested 5GHz band, resulting is a seamless wireless experience.
The TRENDnet TEW-673GR employs Atheros' XSPAN® AR9002AP platform, which consists of the AR9220 and AR9223 XSPAN dual-band radio chipset. This solution robustly supports advanced multimedia applications with reliable wireless throughput and home coverage. Atheros' XSPAN dual-concurrent technology provides leading performance, supporting up to 600Mbps physical data rates in concurrent dual band mode and an impressive 200Mbps of actual user throughput on both uplink and downlink transmissions. The platform also features Atheros' 680MHz AR7161 wireless network processor and Atheros' AR8316 Gigabit Ethernet switch, to support unsurpassed bandwidth to both wired and wireless clients.
Wi-Fi Certification ensures that the router has met the most rigorous wireless Draft 802.11N specifications, providing interoperability with other wireless products as well as backward compatibility with legacy wireless standards.
Energy Star Certification provides a 30 percent reduction in power consumption versus the previous generation. A unique wireless on/off switch offers additional energy savings and security by turning off the wireless signal when it is not in use. Wi-Fi Protected SetupT (WPS) integrates other WPS-supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button.
"This router's unsurpassed performance is impressive," stated Sonny Su, Technology Director of TRENDnet. "We have also integrated a display screen on the front face of the router so that users can see key performance metrics in real time without having to open the router's Browser-based management interface."
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- Nintendo NX has a 60% chance at succeeding, says analyst
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015