Eurocom has launched and is now shipping the 15.6" Shark 5 ultraportable laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics with 2 GB GDDR5, Intel Core i7 6700HQ processor and an optical drive, all in a slim 1.1 inch chassis.
Introducing the new Skylake based Shark 5 - it's slim (28.5 mm/1.1 inch), lightweight (2.5 kg), sleek and powerful, with on-board GPU and CPU for maximum battery life and an internal Ultra Slim Optical Drive. A beautiful soft rubber coating is a perfect way to finish off the Shark 5 in a high quality, beautiful fashion.
"The EUROCOM Shark 5 is another impressive addition to our line of thin and light upgradeable, ultraportable laptops designed to offer high levels of performance in addition to sleek and classy designs as well as ultra-portability and ease of use. We feel that the Shark 5 really redefines the entry level segment with a laptop that is designed for the everyday power user." Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
The Shark 5 is prewired for LTE or UMTS/HSPA+ M.2 3042 card module support, through an M.2 slot, so users can have a reliable internet connection on the go.
User upgradeability and user configurability are core tenets of all Eurocom systems; the Shark 5 is no different with upgradeable memory, storage, display, wireless card and keyboard. The EUROCOM Shark 5 supports two memory modules for up to 32 GB of DDR3-1600 memory and one M.2 SSD SATA PCIe Gen2 x2/x4 and two 9.5 mm HDD/SSD SATA for up to 4.512 TB of storage.
The EUROCOM Shark 5 has an optical drive! We recognized this need for many customers so we listened by offering the Shark 5 with an upgradeable optical drive that can be a DVD drive, Blu-Ray drive or an additional storage drive bay.
The EUROCOM Shark 5 comes with a high quality white backlit keyboard with three brightness settings that can be easily changed through a keyboard hot key, for easy typing in the dark. X-structure, key technology is utilized for a great typing experience.
The high levels of security in the EUROCOM Shark 5 are brought on by the TPM 2.0 can save organizations and individuals in IT management costs.
Graphics performance comes from an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M with 2 GB GDDR5 memory and Intel HD Graphics 530. The GPUs are switchable between iGPU and dGPU using Microsoft Hybrid Graphics to give customers great performance and outstanding battery life.
The EUROCOM Shark 5 has an Intel HM170 Express Chipset running the Intel Core i7 6700HQ processor with 4 cores, 8 threads running at 2.6 GHz up to 3.5 GHz, with integrated Intel® HD Graphics 530. Due to Hyper-Threading, the four cores can handle up to eight threads in parallel leading to better overall utilization of the CPU. The i7-6700HQ is rated at a TDP of 45 W including video card and memory controller.
EUROCOM Shark 5 Specifications:
- Display: 15.6-inch (39.62cm) 1920-by-1080 pixels FHD IPS display
- Design: Stylish look with rubberized back cover
- Processor: Intel i7-6700HQ processor; 2.6GHz up to 3.5GHz; 6MB L3 cache; TDP 45W; HD Graphics 530
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M; 2GB DDR5; on-board; Microsoft Hybrid Graphics (GPU switchable between iGPU and dGPU
- Storage: up to 3 physical drives HDD/SSD; 2x 9.5mm 2.5-inch + 1x M.2 SATA3 / PCIe x2/x4
- Optical Drive: Ultra Slim 9.5mm DVD-RW, Blu Ray RW or 2nd physical HDD/SSD
- Keyboard: Backlit white-LED full size with numeric keypad
- Connectivity: 1GbE LAN on-board; WLAN + Bluetooth; prewired for optional LTE/3G/4G Module (SIM socket and internal M.2 slot)
- Dimensions / Weight: 385(W) X 268(D) X 28.5(H)mm; 2.5kg
- Ports: Right side: SIM card slot, Card Reader Slot, USB 3.0, VGA, RJ-45/LAN; Left side: Kensington Lock, 2x USB 3.0, S/PDIF, Microphone, Headphone, ODD; Back side: USB 3.0, HDMI 1.4a, mini DP, DC-in
- Battery: 6-cells 62WH Smart Li-Ion; removable; up to 280 minutes
- Security: Kensington Lock, Fingerprint and TPM 2.0
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4