Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today announced EA SPORTS UFC 2 will launch this Spring, featuring UFC bantamweight champion "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey as the game's global lead cover athlete. Rousey, the undefeated UFC champion (12-0), is the most dominant and recognized fighter in the world. Hear what Rousey thinks about the cover and get a first look of the champ in the virtual Octagon here.
"EA Sports is a cultural barometer to know what's going on in sports at the moment," said Rousey. "As a gamer myself, it's pretty surreal to be on the cover of the game and to have a woman on the cover of a UFC game shows a lot of progress. I'm really happy to be involved with it."
EA SPORTS UFC 2 takes the franchise's stunning character likeness and animation to another level, adds an all-new Knockout Physics System and authentic gameplay features, and introduces the biggest ever roster of real-world fighters in a MMA game who will step back into the Octagon on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
"Like any champion fighter going into their next fight, we listened to our corner - in our case, the fans - and took a detailed look at everything we can do to take the fight game to a whole new level," said Creative Director Brian Hayes. "We're doing that by introducing innovative gameplay features, delivering a game mode for every fighter regardless of their style of play, and adding helpful tools so fans can master MMA, all while producing the jaw-dropping visuals that fans expect."
EA SPORTS UFC 2 is headlined by five brand new game modes including KO Mode and UFC Ultimate Team, a revamped Career Mode that lets fans create female fighters for the first time ever in a UFC game, and Grapple Assist, an integrated visual tool to help players learn and perfect takedowns, ground game transitions, and submissions. Full feature and mode details can be found at http://easports.com/ufc/features.
Rousey will defend her title tomorrow in the Octagon at UFC 193: ROUSEY vs. HOLM at Etihad Stadium, to mark the first UFC event in Melbourne, Australia. This event will also make UFC history as the first time two women's world title bouts will headline a PPV event.
For pre-order information, visit http://easports.com/UFC/buy
EA SPORTS UFC 2 is developed in Burnaby, British Columbia by EA Canada. More information is available on the EA SPORTS UFC website, and in-depth feature details will be announced in the months leading up to launch. Fans should keep an eye on the website, as well as the EA SPORTS UFC Facebook and Twitter pages to make sure they're always up-to-date on the latest and greatest news.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through videogames, including Madden NFL football, EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR golf, SSX and EA SPORTS UFC.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit http://www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 to release after April 2018
- Samsung has 3.5-inch 120Hz OLED: next-gen VR panels
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning