Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today announced EA SPORTS UFC 2 will launch this Spring, featuring UFC bantamweight champion "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey as the game's global lead cover athlete. Rousey, the undefeated UFC champion (12-0), is the most dominant and recognized fighter in the world. Hear what Rousey thinks about the cover and get a first look of the champ in the virtual Octagon here.
"EA Sports is a cultural barometer to know what's going on in sports at the moment," said Rousey. "As a gamer myself, it's pretty surreal to be on the cover of the game and to have a woman on the cover of a UFC game shows a lot of progress. I'm really happy to be involved with it."
EA SPORTS UFC 2 takes the franchise's stunning character likeness and animation to another level, adds an all-new Knockout Physics System and authentic gameplay features, and introduces the biggest ever roster of real-world fighters in a MMA game who will step back into the Octagon on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
"Like any champion fighter going into their next fight, we listened to our corner - in our case, the fans - and took a detailed look at everything we can do to take the fight game to a whole new level," said Creative Director Brian Hayes. "We're doing that by introducing innovative gameplay features, delivering a game mode for every fighter regardless of their style of play, and adding helpful tools so fans can master MMA, all while producing the jaw-dropping visuals that fans expect."
EA SPORTS UFC 2 is headlined by five brand new game modes including KO Mode and UFC Ultimate Team, a revamped Career Mode that lets fans create female fighters for the first time ever in a UFC game, and Grapple Assist, an integrated visual tool to help players learn and perfect takedowns, ground game transitions, and submissions. Full feature and mode details can be found at http://easports.com/ufc/features.
Rousey will defend her title tomorrow in the Octagon at UFC 193: ROUSEY vs. HOLM at Etihad Stadium, to mark the first UFC event in Melbourne, Australia. This event will also make UFC history as the first time two women's world title bouts will headline a PPV event.
For pre-order information, visit http://easports.com/UFC/buy
EA SPORTS UFC 2 is developed in Burnaby, British Columbia by EA Canada. More information is available on the EA SPORTS UFC website, and in-depth feature details will be announced in the months leading up to launch. Fans should keep an eye on the website, as well as the EA SPORTS UFC Facebook and Twitter pages to make sure they're always up-to-date on the latest and greatest news.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through videogames, including Madden NFL football, EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR golf, SSX and EA SPORTS UFC.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit http://www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- EVGA announces $999 price on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
- Kingdom Hearts III on the PS4 has CG-level graphics
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology