QNAP, Inc. knows that most consumers shudder when they hear the word "server" in the same sentence with reference to their homes. Yet these same folks often have the family pictures and videos scattered among several computers and mobile devices with nothing backed up in case of disaster, and no easy way to enjoy and share those memories. Until now that is - QNAP has released the TAS-168 and TAS-268 home NAS units to finally give home users a real solution to digital content management; and instead of being an industrial-looking unit, they look "at home" in the living room, which are extremely affordable and easy to use.
The elegant vertical design grabs one's attention straightaway, it looks more like a well-designed appliance. No tools are required to install a single 3.5" hard drive (TAS-168 can have 1 drive installed, the -268 can hold 2 for more storage capacity). Connecting the NAS to the network is simple, after connecting the NAS to the home wired or wireless router with the network cable, entering the Cloud Key ID printed right on the unit allows the unit to be initialized and configured. Incredibly easy for those accustomed to far more complicated installations.
Once connected, the embedded QTS management software easily allows users to create a place to store photos, music, and videos from all the computers and mobile devices in a central place. With up to 6TB per drive, the TAS-168/268 is the perfect place to store it all. The NAS can also stream content from Chromecast, Apple TV, and other DLNA-certified devices. Users can easily access all the files stored on the QNAP via iOS or Android mobile apps on a smartphone or tablet.
Running mobile-apps on a big screen can change one's digital lifestyle. The TAS-x68 runs on two operating systems including the native NAS OS - QNAP QTS, and also Android. To access the Android platform, users would simply connect the NAS via HDMI to a screen, or TV to enjoy thousands of applications that can be downloaded from Google Play.
The TAS-168 and TAS-268 are currently available from resellers, E-tailers, distributors in the US and Canada.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni