QNAP Systems Inc. today announced the release of the latest addition to its Silent NAS series, the more advanced HS-251+ with a quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0GHz processor, 2GB DDR3L RAM, and powerful integrated graphics. It is designed as a home NAS for entertainment, and supports a wide range of multimedia applications, HDMI connectivity for local playback, real-time and offline video transcoding, and scalability to accommodate large HD media collections. Housed within a stylish and compact set-top box design with no moving parts and supporting up to two 8TB hard drives, the fanless HS-251+ is the best choice for those looking for a silent NAS, as well as a Home Theater PC/NAS combo.
"We are proud of our Silent NAS series and are happy to announce the launch of the upgraded quad-core Silent NAS which provides more power to handle multimedia applications and brings greater entertainment potential with a free remote control," said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP, adding "This amazing NAS is coupled with an unrivalled set of apps and features that allow home users to enjoy a perfect home theater experience while providing a secure centralized storage for all of their files, and much more."
Unlike conventional NAS that come in heavy and sometimes unwieldy boxes that are too big and noisy for being an integral part of a digital lifestyle and living room, the silent & modern HS-251+ NAS inherits the innovative design that won its predecessor the iF Design Award 2014, and perfectly fits alongside HDTVs, stereos, A/V receivers and game consoles.
The HS-251+ allows users to connect to an HDTV or an A/V receiver and to use the HybridDesk Station (HD Station) to enjoy rich multimedia content with the best audiovisual experience. HD Station features the powerful Kodi media player that enables users to enjoy the videos, music and photos stored on their HS-251+, watch YouTube and surf the web with the free bundled QNAP remote control or Qremote mobile app.
Powered by the latest QTS 4.2 operating system, the HS-251+ is easy to set up, manage and is simple for everyday use. Users can enjoy multimedia, organize and back up files, and synchronize and share to other devices easily with no learning process required. The HS-251+ also supports excellent real-time and offline transcoding capabilities as well as streaming photos, music and videos to different rooms from a single device using Bluetooth, USB devices, HDMI, DLNA, Apple TV and Chromecast as a multi-zone control system. And with a wide range of mobile apps, users can enjoy multimedia, access their data and manage the HS-251+ anytime, anywhere.
The HS-251+ is an ideal storage for media archiving. Supporting RAID 1 or RAID 0, it is scalable by connecting an expansion enclosure (the 8-bay UX-800P or the 5-bay UX-500P) to provide a total capacity of up to 80TB. With a world of audio and videos stored inside, users can quickly find desired files with the new Qsirch smart search application.
- Set-top design
- Intel Celeron Quad-core 2.0GHz processor
- 2GB DDR3L RAM, 3.5" SATA HDD/ SSD
- hot-swappable hard drives
- USB 3.0 x2, USB 2.0 x2
- Gigabit LAN port x2
- HDMI output x1
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design