You can now buy Layers of Fear as a Game Preview title on Xbox One, at a price of $12.99. Similar to Steam's Early Access, this version will let you get into the action before the final release. Why would you want to do that? Simple - the game already feels like a finished product. It's just about 80% complete and features two to three hours of polished gameplay. The upcoming updates will mostly focus on bug fixes and adding additional content. You will also have a part in the production process - we listen to all of the feedback we receive. Your ideas and constructive criticism are taken into consideration and can impact the shape of the finished product.
Layers of Fear has attained an Overwhelmingly Positive review rating of 97% on Steam based on more than 1500 voices. The critical response has been in line with those scores:
"Layers of Fear Is The One of The Biggest Horror Surprises of The Year" - Kotaku
"Layers of Fear is like P.T. on drugs" - Polygon
"Truly, Layers of Fear is a masterpiece to behold." - CGMagazine Online
About the Game:
Layers of Fear is a psychedelic adventure horror game about a madness-engulfed painter striving to create the work of his life. You will learn the dark story of his past while gathering carefully crafted personal items that can be found in the game. Traverse the vision-induced, constantly shifting house full of supernatural phenomena, where each move of the camera can change the environment, and discover the true motive of the artist. The thick atmosphere will keep you on edge at all times, building the mood layer by layer.
The game has been developed in Unity Engine, presenting an uncanny focus on detail and visual aesthetics. Heavily inspired by the masterpiece paintings from the past centuries, and the architecture and décor from the XIX century, Layers of Fear is a truly unique experience on the market.
- A psychedelic horror game where each turn of the camera may change the look of your surroundings.
- Deep insight into the madness that entwines a human being.
- Inspired by the masterpiece paintings from the past centuries, and the architecture and décor from the XIX century.
- A thick atmosphere that will make you feel on-edge throughout the whole game.
Layers of Fear is out now on Steam Early Access for Windows PC, Mac, Linux, as well as the Game Preview program for Xbox One.
You can buy the game now on Steam and Humble Store!
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- GIVEAWAY: ASUS Cerberus V2 Gaming Headset
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4