You can now buy Layers of Fear as a Game Preview title on Xbox One, at a price of $12.99. Similar to Steam's Early Access, this version will let you get into the action before the final release. Why would you want to do that? Simple - the game already feels like a finished product. It's just about 80% complete and features two to three hours of polished gameplay. The upcoming updates will mostly focus on bug fixes and adding additional content. You will also have a part in the production process - we listen to all of the feedback we receive. Your ideas and constructive criticism are taken into consideration and can impact the shape of the finished product.
Layers of Fear has attained an Overwhelmingly Positive review rating of 97% on Steam based on more than 1500 voices. The critical response has been in line with those scores:
"Layers of Fear Is The One of The Biggest Horror Surprises of The Year" - Kotaku
"Layers of Fear is like P.T. on drugs" - Polygon
"Truly, Layers of Fear is a masterpiece to behold." - CGMagazine Online
About the Game:
Layers of Fear is a psychedelic adventure horror game about a madness-engulfed painter striving to create the work of his life. You will learn the dark story of his past while gathering carefully crafted personal items that can be found in the game. Traverse the vision-induced, constantly shifting house full of supernatural phenomena, where each move of the camera can change the environment, and discover the true motive of the artist. The thick atmosphere will keep you on edge at all times, building the mood layer by layer.
The game has been developed in Unity Engine, presenting an uncanny focus on detail and visual aesthetics. Heavily inspired by the masterpiece paintings from the past centuries, and the architecture and décor from the XIX century, Layers of Fear is a truly unique experience on the market.
- A psychedelic horror game where each turn of the camera may change the look of your surroundings.
- Deep insight into the madness that entwines a human being.
- Inspired by the masterpiece paintings from the past centuries, and the architecture and décor from the XIX century.
- A thick atmosphere that will make you feel on-edge throughout the whole game.
Layers of Fear is out now on Steam Early Access for Windows PC, Mac, Linux, as well as the Game Preview program for Xbox One.
You can buy the game now on Steam and Humble Store!
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Score this award-winning Bluetooth speaker for 50% off
- Blizzard talk rewards in World of Warcraft patch: 7.1
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards