The ESL Mortal Kombat X Pro League Season 2 preseason event over the weekend kicked off the biggest ESL MKX Pro League season to date! The upcoming season, which begins November 1st, will see competitors from Europe, North America and CIS battle it out for US$1,000 per region each week, over a period of eight weeks. The best competitors will earn themselves a spot in the Grand Finals, which will pay out a total prize pool of US$100,000 in early 2016.
Making its debut this season is the all-new Mortal Kombat X game integration, set to fully automate aspects of ESL competition, once players sign up for the ESL App on Xbox Live. The game integration will be available in time for the beginning of ESL MKX Pro League Season 2's regular season November 1st.
"Integrating Mortal Kombat X into our online infrastructure is one of the many things that we are working on at ESL. It has been a pleasure to work with NetherRealm Studios on making it a reality," said Andreas Hofmann, Software Developer at ESL. "Previously players had to struggle with multiple devices and manually submit their results. Now, ESL's competitive solution seamlessly pairs you with an opponent connected to the Xbox Live servers and will automatically submit the match outcomes to the ESL Play website."
"ESL MKX Pro League Season 1 showcased a lot of incredible match-ups and the team at NetherRealm Studios is happy to be working with ESL for Season 2," said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios and co-creator of Mortal Kombat. "It will be great to see how the competition pans out."
For a full ESL MKX Pro League schedule along with more information regarding tournament structure, prize money and more, please visit the official Pro League site or follow ESL Mortal Kombat on Facebook and Twitter.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni