TweakTown NewsRefine News by Category:
Well have you had enough GF4 action? No. Ok here's some more then but don't blame me if you overdose on it though. Or start having fits because you can't lay your hands on one just yet.
To complement the new GeForce4 release The Guru of 3D now brings you RivaTuner v2 RC10. One of the very best GeForce Tweak Utilities available. This update supports the new 2x.xx drivers and allows full GeForce4 MX/Titanium Overclocking !
Here are a few changes out of many dozens:
- Added support for 27MHz reference frequency to the low level hardware overclocking module. This allows RivaTuner's low level overclocking module to work with GeForce4 boards.
- Added GeForce4 support to the built-in 60Hz refresh rate fix for Windows2000/XP.
- Added fake DDR problem workaround for GeForce4 MX boards.
- Added databases for the Detonators 23.11, 27.00, 27.10 and 27.20 for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP.
- Full Detonator 27.xx support.
- SoftQuadro scripts are no longer supported and will not work with the Detonator 27.xx. The reason is that NVIDIA has implemented SoftQuadro protection again (may come with a later version).
- Microfin Copper Heatsink Shootout @ GyroTweak
- HighPoint RocketRAID 404 And Rocket 133S IDE Controller Cards @ Dan' Data
- RAID-0 Shootout with ATA-100 and ATA-133 HDD @ Overclockers Australia
- Shuttle AV45GT-R (P4X266A) Motherboard @ hardCOREware
- Lian Li PC61 USB Aluminum Case @ TEK SECTOR (New Site)
Well I hope this will do you for now as I need some sleep so good luck.
Well the nVidia GeForce 4 Series (called GeForce4 Ti and GeForce4 MX) reviews are coming out and everything is looking very good indeed from a performance veiw point with some astounding figures being shown. With things like Lightspeed Memory Architecture II, nFinite FX II Engine, Accuview AA, nView dual-display support, dual Vertex shaders and more make these video cards very desirable. It's probably better that I let the reviews speak for themselves as they would do a better job at it anyway but I do like what I've seen so far.
Well we've all heard of the problems that the Creative Live sound card cause a lot of people well it seems that the Creative Audigy causes "Squeals of Death" as it locks up PC's running either Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating systems. Creative representatives have classified the problem as "Severe".
Well most of you would probably have kept up with the VIA PCI Bus Problems going on over at the tecChannel.de for some time now but Legion Hardware has decided to check it out themselves as they were quite surprised to hear about this issue. Their VIA PCI bus Investigation (Part 1) takes a look at burst rates with a Promise FastTrak TX2 ATA100 RAID controller and two IBM Deskstar 61.5GB HDD's in RAID 0 configuration. Do go and check out their findings though and compare them to those from the other site and make of it what you will. They also have plans for part 2 of this saga and if you have any suggestions for them please send them along too.
- Acorp 4PX266A (P4X266A) Motherboard @ Accelenation
- FrozenCPU Blizzard 540 Case @ Overclocked Cafe
- Shuttle AS40GT-R (SiS 645) Motherboard @ Legion Hardware
- Nike Psa|120 Mp3 Player @ BurnOut PC
- Thermaltake Crystal Orb @ Club Overclocker
- ASUS A7V266-E (KT266A) Motherboard @ Tweakers Australia
- Everglide Gaming Mat @ SLCentral
- Gigabyte 8IRXP P4 Titan (i845D) Motherboard @ VR-Zone
- Nanotherm vs. Arctic Silver @ Target PC
- BAFO Technologies 7-Port Hub @ Club Overclocker
- CH Products USB Hands On Throttle And Stick Systems @ PlanetHardware
- SmartDisk USB Compact Flash Reader @ Futurelooks
- Prolink Geforce3 Ti200 Video Card Review @ Mikhailtech
Well that should keep you all entertained for a while and I'll post some more in the morning (aussie time of course).
Ok there are 19 items for this lot of news so let's get into it. Over at Psycho Hardware they have their quick review of the Winfast Geforce 2 MX video card up but even though the card is a little dated now you can still find them being sold and they just maybe a bargain buy to replace an old TNT/TNT2 (or even worse) video card so go and have a look.
The Guru of 3D want us to know that the latest version (1.6) of the GeForce1/2/3 compatible Antialias control utility is out and addresses severval bugs in the previous version (More details over there).
Are you wondering which upper end nVidia video card to get? Then head over to the ReviewMakers as they take a look at 4 of the latest Elsa's graphic cards and find the difference between the GF3 Ti500, GF3 Ti200, GF2 Ti and the "classic" GF3.