3DMark Vantage has been out for a little over three weeks now and has been received with mixed reports of good and bad but mostly positive on the whole.
The folks over at Futuremark have just issued the first update for the 3D benchmark. It adds the following hot fixes updates...
- Off-line score viewing is now available in the Advanced Edition.
- Score save / submit saved options are now available in the Advanced Edition.
- Ad banners have been removed from all editions.
- Added a "SEND ERROR" button to error messages; clicking this will send detailed error information to Futuremark for better bug tracking and fixing. No personally identifiable information will be sent or stored.
And the hotfix fixes the following...
- An issue preventing valid serial key entry in some cases has been fixed.
- An issue causing "boost::filesystem::create_directory" error message after registration has been fixed.
- Added a check and error message for hardware that is not DX10 capable.
- Improved detection of supported resolutions so that CPU test minimum requirement (1280x1024) is now taken into account correctly.
- Fixed an issue where pressing the ESC key during CPU test loading screen, the user would be taken to a score view with score -1.
- The entire 3DMark Vantage application is now elevated to Administrator rights, rather than only the SystemInfo component. This will ensure more robust SystemInfo and benchmark functionality, and fixes the "pop-behind" elevation dialog.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused "WM_QUIT" error messages.
- Post-processing scale is now displayed correctly in the UI for the Extreme Preset.
- Fixed an issue that could cause resolution switches at test runtime.
Head on and grab the 3DMark Vantage Hotfix 1.0.1 from here.