Now that the 9800GX2 has been out for a few weeks, superior aftermarket cooling solutions are beginning to show up that are directly suited to the dual-GPU giant.
German cooling specialist aqua-computer has come forward with details and images of their upcoming aquagrafx 9800 GX2 GPU block, said to begin shipping as early as next week.
Using G 1/4" connectors, the aquagrafx 9800 GX2 is made up of two consecutively circulated coolers made of pure copper, with the design of each cooler being quite thin therefore weighing in at under 800g. As well as cooling both GPUs, the mosfets, memory and bridge chip are also covered.
aqua-computer state pricing to come in at 129.90 Euros.
Asetek have been quiet for a while now, but they too have just unveiled a new liquid cooling solution for 9800 GX2/GTX based graphics cards. Asetek promise this sucker to reduce temps by over 25c compared to the standard air cooler on reference models whilst also keeping noise output down to just 22dBa which is also down by more than 50% over the usual dust buster.
You can learn more about it on Astek's website here.
SAN JOSE, Calf. April 2, 2008 - Today Asetek announced the availability of its liquid cooling system for the new nVidia GeForce 9800GTX and GeForce 9800GX2 graphics cards. Asetek is the first liquid cooling solution developed to exceed the stringent thermal performance, low noise and daunting reliability requirements demanded by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
The graphics GPU power budget is constantly increasing as enthusiasts and professional workstation end users exhibit an insatiable desire for higher frame rates and resolution. Thermal management of the graphics card is an ever increasing challenge with every new generation of Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), often at the sacrifice of acceptable fan noise.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications