Now that the 9800GX2 has been out for a few weeks, superior aftermarket cooling solutions are beginning to show up that are directly suited to the dual-GPU giant.
German cooling specialist aqua-computer has come forward with details and images of their upcoming aquagrafx 9800 GX2 GPU block, said to begin shipping as early as next week.
Using G 1/4" connectors, the aquagrafx 9800 GX2 is made up of two consecutively circulated coolers made of pure copper, with the design of each cooler being quite thin therefore weighing in at under 800g. As well as cooling both GPUs, the mosfets, memory and bridge chip are also covered.
aqua-computer state pricing to come in at 129.90 Euros.
Asetek have been quiet for a while now, but they too have just unveiled a new liquid cooling solution for 9800 GX2/GTX based graphics cards. Asetek promise this sucker to reduce temps by over 25c compared to the standard air cooler on reference models whilst also keeping noise output down to just 22dBa which is also down by more than 50% over the usual dust buster.
You can learn more about it on Astek's website here.
SAN JOSE, Calf. April 2, 2008 - Today Asetek announced the availability of its liquid cooling system for the new nVidia GeForce 9800GTX and GeForce 9800GX2 graphics cards. Asetek is the first liquid cooling solution developed to exceed the stringent thermal performance, low noise and daunting reliability requirements demanded by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
The graphics GPU power budget is constantly increasing as enthusiasts and professional workstation end users exhibit an insatiable desire for higher frame rates and resolution. Thermal management of the graphics card is an ever increasing challenge with every new generation of Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), often at the sacrifice of acceptable fan noise.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio