For those of you looking to secure large amounts of data when on the go, Sharkoon are proud to announce that they've expanded their Swift-Case lineup of external 2.5" SATA HDD enclosures with RFID encryption.
As a part of the initial setup, the RFID transceiver and transponder go through a coding process in order establish a unique encryption key. After the coding process, the hard drive can be locked or unlocked with a simple wave of the transponder in front of the sensor on the enclosure. In its locked state the hard drive is not recognized by computers or operating systems.
Authorized retailers will be shifting the Swift-Case Securita for around 34 euros. You can learn more about it in the official PR here.
In order to offer customers the best possible protection against data thieves, Sharkoon is expanding its Swift-Case line up of external hard drive enclosures by adding a model with RFID access control. The Sharkoon Swift-Case Securita for 2.5" SATA hard drives comes equipped with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology that protects against unauthorized access. Within the silver aluminium enclosure sits a RFID transceiver that responds solely to the accompanying RFID transponder. The transponder comes in a simple plastic fob design that attaches securely to key chains.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 Premium includes just four expansions
- 3 apps all PC owners need to protect their data
- VR On The Lot event in Hollywood includes X-Men director
- Divinity Original Sin 2 hits early access next month
- Tesla's new P100D announced, 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V
- Z77x-D3h issue with windows 10 fast start up feature
- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G Graphics Card Review
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L