For those of you looking to secure large amounts of data when on the go, Sharkoon are proud to announce that they've expanded their Swift-Case lineup of external 2.5" SATA HDD enclosures with RFID encryption.
As a part of the initial setup, the RFID transceiver and transponder go through a coding process in order establish a unique encryption key. After the coding process, the hard drive can be locked or unlocked with a simple wave of the transponder in front of the sensor on the enclosure. In its locked state the hard drive is not recognized by computers or operating systems.
Authorized retailers will be shifting the Swift-Case Securita for around 34 euros. You can learn more about it in the official PR here.
In order to offer customers the best possible protection against data thieves, Sharkoon is expanding its Swift-Case line up of external hard drive enclosures by adding a model with RFID access control. The Sharkoon Swift-Case Securita for 2.5" SATA hard drives comes equipped with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology that protects against unauthorized access. Within the silver aluminium enclosure sits a RFID transceiver that responds solely to the accompanying RFID transponder. The transponder comes in a simple plastic fob design that attaches securely to key chains.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential phone is stunning and powerful
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card