For those of you looking to secure large amounts of data when on the go, Sharkoon are proud to announce that they've expanded their Swift-Case lineup of external 2.5" SATA HDD enclosures with RFID encryption.
As a part of the initial setup, the RFID transceiver and transponder go through a coding process in order establish a unique encryption key. After the coding process, the hard drive can be locked or unlocked with a simple wave of the transponder in front of the sensor on the enclosure. In its locked state the hard drive is not recognized by computers or operating systems.
Authorized retailers will be shifting the Swift-Case Securita for around 34 euros. You can learn more about it in the official PR here.
In order to offer customers the best possible protection against data thieves, Sharkoon is expanding its Swift-Case line up of external hard drive enclosures by adding a model with RFID access control. The Sharkoon Swift-Case Securita for 2.5" SATA hard drives comes equipped with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology that protects against unauthorized access. Within the silver aluminium enclosure sits a RFID transceiver that responds solely to the accompanying RFID transponder. The transponder comes in a simple plastic fob design that attaches securely to key chains.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- 'Indiana Jones 5' loses co-creator George Lucas
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards