Along with further price cuts and a trimmed down production line of their CPUs today, AMD have also released a couple of new "TV Wonder" tuner products.
The first offering is their new "TV Wonder 650 Combo PCIe", a PCIe x1 card featuring the Theater 650 Pro video processor (which debuted around a year ago). Dual tuners reside on the card, one purely for receiving digital, and the other analogue. Both are capable of operating simultaneously, allowing the user to watch and record from two individual sources at the same time.
Next up is the "TV Wonder 600 USB", featuring a hybrid TV tuner design which is capable of tuning into both digital and analogue broadcasts, but dont confuse that for being able to provide dual tuner functionalities like the TV Wonder 650 Combo card, as it does not sport dual tuners. This should be a great little addition to your notebook though.
Both of these tuners are compatible with Windows Vista and will become available in September.
The ATI TV Wonder™ 650 loads your system with a complete set of media abilities, transforming your PC into the ultimate entertainment system. Attach your TV cable2 or an amplified antenna1 and you can watch, pause, or record high definition TV on your PC. Even analog TV is made brilliant as the 3D Comb Filter produces a sharp, true-to-life image.
TV Wonder™ 600 Hi-Speed USB is a powerful High Definition PVR packed into a sleek and elegant USB 2.0 stick. This compact and mobile design is flexible enough to use with either your laptop or desktop PC, and easily fits in your pocket. Instantly add free-to-air digital and analog TV to your laptop or PC with no monthly fees and watch TV where you want, when you want.
Further Reading: Read and find more HT & Movies news at our HT & Movies news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
HT & Movies News Posts
- Madman Entertainment to unleash Mathematical Adventure Time on Blu-ray in September
- Netflix scores deal with DreamWorks to produce 300+ hours of original content
- Paramount set August release for Star Trek Enterprise: Season 2 on Blu-ray, set phasers to buy!
- Sony Pictures injects Smurfs 2 with millions of dollars in product placement
- Elysium's latest trailer gives you a much better look at the movie
- Pandora debuts new HTML5 app for smart TVs and consoles
- It's Prime time for Dora and pals: Amazon lands exclusive deal with Viacom after Netflix license expires
- Hulu Plus updates living room experience even while seeking a buyer
- Transformers 4 begins filming, includes a look at the new cars featured in the film
- Netflix's contract with Viacom ends, loses access to Dora, Diego, SpongeBob
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: Now you have the facts, which is your next-gen gaming console?View More Polls
- Tell us what you think of the prototype PC-V850
- ASRock 970 Extreme 3 No Sound From Onboard Jacks.
- ET6 Haswell version and screen size
- The Next-Gen Console War is here, but should we only dream about Xbox One and PS4?
- Quick Sync and CPUs
HT & Movies Press Releases
- ZOTAC Embarks on New Era of Digital Media Sharing
- MatrixStream Introduces MatrixCloud IPTV Solution for Virtual Cable Providers
- The 'X' Factor! Pivos Technology introducing XBMC to its XIOS DS Media Play!
- Got ARM? Pivos Technology Launches the ULTRA SLIM XIOS DS Media Play
- THREE NEW CHANNELS FOR FOXTEL ON XBOX 360