AMD naturally have a few surprises for us at CES this week as well. The first of which is their new TV Wonder series Digital Cable Tuner card. This happens to be the world's first cablecard compatible card which allows for media center PCs to tune and record high-definition digital cable TV.
Both an internal and external version of the device is available, with the internal card only using a PCI or PCIe slot for retention purposes, it still connects to the PC via USB as is the case with the external version.
AMD today unveiled the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner - the industry's first and only device that enables users to watch and record premium HD digital cable content, such as HD ESPN and HD HBO, on their PCs. The ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner turns a PC into a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) with easy to use Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center menus and interfaces. It is scheduled to be available starting January 30, 2007 inside desktop and notebook PCs from the industry's top PC manufacturers.
"With the upcoming release of Windows Vista, more consumers are ready to make their Media Center PC the entertainment hub for the home," said Kevin Kettler, vice president and chief technology officer, Dell Inc. "Dell Systems that include the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner finally provide consumers with a comprehensive HDTV option that combines all their favorite TV programming with the feature-rich functionality of a Media Center PC."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla Model S P85D goes head to head with McLaren 650S
- SAPPHIRE announces its new NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- See Star Citizen's current biggest flyable ship in 4K
- Twitter will livestream free NHL, MLB games
- For just $69, you'll get 1000+ hours of coding instruction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio