AMD naturally have a few surprises for us at CES this week as well. The first of which is their new TV Wonder series Digital Cable Tuner card. This happens to be the world's first cablecard compatible card which allows for media center PCs to tune and record high-definition digital cable TV.
Both an internal and external version of the device is available, with the internal card only using a PCI or PCIe slot for retention purposes, it still connects to the PC via USB as is the case with the external version.
AMD today unveiled the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner - the industry's first and only device that enables users to watch and record premium HD digital cable content, such as HD ESPN and HD HBO, on their PCs. The ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner turns a PC into a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) with easy to use Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center menus and interfaces. It is scheduled to be available starting January 30, 2007 inside desktop and notebook PCs from the industry's top PC manufacturers.
"With the upcoming release of Windows Vista, more consumers are ready to make their Media Center PC the entertainment hub for the home," said Kevin Kettler, vice president and chief technology officer, Dell Inc. "Dell Systems that include the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner finally provide consumers with a comprehensive HDTV option that combines all their favorite TV programming with the feature-rich functionality of a Media Center PC."
Further Reading: Read and find more HT & Movies news at our HT & Movies news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
HT & Movies News Posts
- Redbox Instant offering free rental of 'The Hobbit' after users unlocked the freebie through a tweet-to-stream promotion
- The latest Man of Steel 'Fate of Your Planet' trailer is filled with beautiful action
- Microsoft announces a live-action Halo TV show
- Microsoft's in-house TV project is The Music Room, a user-driven show
- Assassin's Creed movie scheduled to release on May 22, 2015
- Kogan unveils new Android Jelly Bean based 42" 3D LED TV for under $500
- Rovio partners with Sony Pictures for distribution of Angry Birds movie coming in 2016
- ReportTT: Google to announce music-streaming service at this year's I/O event
- Aereo continues its rollout, coming to Atlanta on June 17
- Hunger Games: Catching Fire movie poster debuts via Instagram
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: What new stuff are you most excited to see at Computex Taipei 2013?View More Polls
- 990FX Extreme 4 --- DPC Latency Spikes linked to Marvell SATA Controller
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 450 256GB SSD Review
- SuperSpeed RamDisk Plus 11 Software Review
- Z77 Pro 3 crashed and now in a boot loop
HT & Movies Press Releases
- ZOTAC Embarks on New Era of Digital Media Sharing
- MatrixStream Introduces MatrixCloud IPTV Solution for Virtual Cable Providers
- The 'X' Factor! Pivos Technology introducing XBMC to its XIOS DS Media Play!
- Got ARM? Pivos Technology Launches the ULTRA SLIM XIOS DS Media Play
- THREE NEW CHANNELS FOR FOXTEL ON XBOX 360