AMD naturally have a few surprises for us at CES this week as well. The first of which is their new TV Wonder series Digital Cable Tuner card. This happens to be the world's first cablecard compatible card which allows for media center PCs to tune and record high-definition digital cable TV.
Both an internal and external version of the device is available, with the internal card only using a PCI or PCIe slot for retention purposes, it still connects to the PC via USB as is the case with the external version.
AMD today unveiled the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner - the industry's first and only device that enables users to watch and record premium HD digital cable content, such as HD ESPN and HD HBO, on their PCs. The ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner turns a PC into a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) with easy to use Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center menus and interfaces. It is scheduled to be available starting January 30, 2007 inside desktop and notebook PCs from the industry's top PC manufacturers.
"With the upcoming release of Windows Vista, more consumers are ready to make their Media Center PC the entertainment hub for the home," said Kevin Kettler, vice president and chief technology officer, Dell Inc. "Dell Systems that include the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner finally provide consumers with a comprehensive HDTV option that combines all their favorite TV programming with the feature-rich functionality of a Media Center PC."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- WhatsApp to share user data with Facebook
- Domino's Pizza begins testing drone delivery
- The best way to rock out to premium audio anywhere
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- PS4 Slim: 1.84 TFLOPs, HDD swapping, no 4K or HDR
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller