AMD naturally have a few surprises for us at CES this week as well. The first of which is their new TV Wonder series Digital Cable Tuner card. This happens to be the world's first cablecard compatible card which allows for media center PCs to tune and record high-definition digital cable TV.
Both an internal and external version of the device is available, with the internal card only using a PCI or PCIe slot for retention purposes, it still connects to the PC via USB as is the case with the external version.
AMD today unveiled the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner - the industry's first and only device that enables users to watch and record premium HD digital cable content, such as HD ESPN and HD HBO, on their PCs. The ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner turns a PC into a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) with easy to use Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center menus and interfaces. It is scheduled to be available starting January 30, 2007 inside desktop and notebook PCs from the industry's top PC manufacturers.
"With the upcoming release of Windows Vista, more consumers are ready to make their Media Center PC the entertainment hub for the home," said Kevin Kettler, vice president and chief technology officer, Dell Inc. "Dell Systems that include the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner finally provide consumers with a comprehensive HDTV option that combines all their favorite TV programming with the feature-rich functionality of a Media Center PC."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family