Following his recent success in overclocking an 8800GTX's GPU up to and beyond 900MHz, overclocking champ Kinc from NordicHardware has since been working very hard to push for the most extreme 3DMark 2001 and 2005 benchmark runs witnessed to date.
Sure enough, he's done it! Feast your eyes on the below screenies to see the results for yourselves.
Already at the beginning of this weekend Kinc managed to score a new single-card 3DMark2001 world record and then it was a complete humiliation of the previous world record, which was recently set by Norwegian overclocker Stoolman. Last night Kinc continued his overclocking session and improved his previous world record, quite a lot. But our overclocking ace also took the time to set a new single-card 3DMark05 world record. The card is, of course, a GeForce 8800 GTX graphics card from XFX and the processor an Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800. It's also the processor which has been the key to the new records. He has namely been able to raise the frequency to quite a lot since his last record. From 5060MHz to incredible 5347MHz.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand