ATI have officially unveiled their latest RADEON graphics card today, the X1950 Pro. This is a mid-range solution based on ATI's all-new 80nm "RV570" core. It's priced quite aggressively at $199 and is the first card from ATI to incorporate their CrossFire technology directly onto the GPU, dismissing the need for proprietory CrossFire Edition graphics cards or external dongles.
Reviews can be found at Hardware Secrets, TechArp, Techgage, Technic3D, Overclock3D, MVKTech, PC Perspective, Hot Hardware, Guru3D, RegHardware, LegitReviews, Anandtech, Hexus, The Inquirer, bit-tech, Hardware Zone and Tech Report. I'll add more here as they surface!
SINCE LATE AUGUST, we've been first-person witnesses to the fall parade of video cards. Personally, I've reviewed so many video cards that I'm having trouble separating a GeForce from a Radeon, let alone a GT from a GS or a Pro from, er, an amateur.
Fortunately, the new product ATI is unveiling today brings with it good news in several forms: the Radeon X1950 Pro is a strong new contender at the value-oriented $199 price point, and it's based on a brand-new mid-range GPU. ATI hasn't had the best of luck with mid-range graphics processors, but it looks like that's about to change. What's more, this new graphics processor at long last incorporates CrossFire capability directly into the GPU. Gone are the external dongles and proprietary CrossFire Edition graphics cards, replaced by simple, SLI-like bridge connectors between the cards.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Samsung reportedly working on higher-end 'Odyssey' VR headset
- Pokemon GO developer asks gamers to stop requesting PokeStops and gyms
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard