QuakeCon is now underway! This HUGE yearly gaming event kicked off just a short while ago in Dallas, Texas, and will run through until sunday. In a supporting press announcement, it's been said that there's $100,000 up for grabs in cash and prizes, these awaiting talented gamers who have what it takes to kick some mega butt during the course of the action-packed event.
DALLAS, TX - August 3, 2006 - The most passionate and competitive video game fans from across the country and around the world along with industry leaders will invade Dallas, the birthplace of first-person action PC gaming, at QuakeCon 2006. Gamers will vie for $100,000 in cash and prizes over four-action packed days, August 3 - 6 at the Hilton Anatole Hotel - Trinity Exhibition Center.
QuakeCon 2006 is organized by a dedicated group of volunteers and Texas' own video game icon, id Software, and offers 96 hours of round-the-clock parties, entertainment, fragging and, of course, plenty of adrenaline-pumping action.
Further Reading: Read and find more Trade Shows news at our Trade Shows news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
Trade Shows News Posts
- New head of Android says Google I/O will be about services this year, not devices or operating systems
- Google I/O 2013 schedule has been released
- Valve will not be exhibiting anything at E3 this year either
- Acer to have a global event on May 3, what should we expect?
- Microsoft BUILD conference registrations are now open
- Poll Results - What are you most likely to buy? (new CES 2013 products)
- TweakTown Booth Babes Video from Taipei Game Show 2013
- CES 2013 - Day One roundup
- NVIDIA's CES 2013 Special Event coverage - live!
- Google I/O sets a date, will happen May 15-17, 2013 - hopefully we see more of Project Glass
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: What new stuff are you most excited to see at Computex Taipei 2013?View More Polls
- 990FX Extreme3; Etron USB 3.0 ports dont work!
- Transcend 32GB Wi-Fi SDHC Review
- GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH Boot Issue
- Understanding supported memory
- Prescott CPU emits a high pictched whine/chirp under load
Trade Shows Press Releases
- ADATA Technology to Showcase Latest Industrial Memory and Storage Solutions at Embedded World 2013
- Super Talent Technology to Showcase Spectacular Product Lines at CES 2013
- Lian Li Announces CES 2013 Facebook Photo Contest
- ADATA To Reveal a Raft of New Products at CES
- 2013 International CES To Feature Record Amount of Exhibit Space