As we say goodbye to the age old "Pentium" naming scheme for good, Intel have finally decided on the official shelf names for their upcoming desktop "Conroe" and notebook "Memrom" CPUs. These will both be branded as "Core 2 Duo" processors, with high-end Extreme edition chips stamped as "Core 2 Extreme" models.
Details incl. some brief roadmap info can be sourced over at DailyTech folks.
Intel has just passed us word about a new branding decision for the upcoming second generation Core processors. Intel's first generation desktop Core processor, Conroe, will carry the moniker Core 2 Duo, suplementing the 65nm Netburst Presler micro-architecture. Notebook processors, earlier dubbed Merom, will also carry the Core 2 Duo moniker even though the processors are very different than the desktop Core 2 Duo chips. The highest end desktop processors, previously named Extreme Edition, will be labeled as Core 2 Extreme opposed to the mainstream Core 2 Duo.
Further Reading: Read and find more CPU, APU & Chipsets news at our CPU, APU & Chipsets news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
CPU, APU & Chipsets News Posts
- Intel 7 Series Chipsets coming Q2, 2012
- AMD's Initial Bulldozer FX series lineup detailed
- Leaked AMD roadmap shows off next-gen Fusion tablet-based chips
- Sandy Bridge-E platform pushed back yet again
- AMD A8-3850 APU, A55/A75 Chipset launched, reviews ahoy!
- AMD Fusion A-series, 10.5-hour battery life, DirectX 11-powered, USB3.0 support
- RumorTT: Intel's next-gen LGA2011 socket might be backward-compatible with LGA1366 CPUs
- AMD Bulldoze some web space to make room for Bulldozer
- AMD debuts FX brand once more, E3 gets first taste
- Futuremark and Palit announce Sandy Bridge-based overclocking competition
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: What new stuff are you most excited to see at Computex Taipei 2013?View More Polls
- GA B75M-D3H: Sleep Problem on Freshly installed x64 OS, HELP!
- Lian Li PC7FW Side panel screws need re-threading
- Kingston DT Workspace 64GB 'Windows To Go' USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- balky eSATA on ASMedia sata bus, also random mobo speaker beeps
- Xbox One - Just what is Microsoft thinking?!
CPU, APU & Chipsets Press Releases
- VIA Launches VIA EPIA-M900, World's First Mini-ITX Board with VIA Nano X2 E-Series Dual Core CPU
- AMD Details Future Technical Roadmap for its Award Winning Fusion Architecture at Industry Developer Summit
- Hardware and Software Leaders Fulfill Promise of Brilliant Experiences and New PC Capabilities with AMD A-Series APU Technology
- IBM Microprocessors to Power the New Wii U System from Nintendo
- AMD Opteron 6000 Series Platform Increases Reach, Demonstrates Virtualization Prowess, Drives Towards Core-Rich "Interlagos"