We've just reported that Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be running at 900p when docked in the upcoming Nintendo Switch console, while it'll run at 720p undocked - but now we're finding out just how much space it'll take up on the new Switch console.
Nintendo has included just 32GB of internal storage, with the digital version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild taking up 13.4GB of that - close to half of the internal storage. Remember that the Switch has expandable storage through microSDHC and microSDXC cards - which arrive in up to 512GB right now, but 1TB and 2TB SDXC cards will be supported by the Switch as well. We don't know yet if the USB port on Switch can be used as an external HDD just yet.
We also don't know how much the Switch OS and other apps and parts of the OS will take up, so we might find that Breath of the Wild will use up over half of the available storage space.
As for the SD cards, we can expect 1TB and 2TB cards in the future - but the largest microSD cards (256GB) cost $135+ right now.
Everything we know about the Nintendo Switch:
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild runs at 900p 30FPS docked, 720p 30FPS undocked
- Nintendo Switch supports 2TB Micro SDXC cards
- Nintendo Switch online chat requires smartphone app
- Here's why Nintendo Switch doesn't come with any games
- Nintendo will soon charging gamers to play online multiplayer via subscription service
- Nintendo Switch UI revealed, let's take a closer look
- Nintendo Switch touchscreen has haptic feedback tech
- Nintendo stock drops after Switch unveil event
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch runs at 1080p when docked
- Nintendo Switch hardware specs revealed
- Nintendo Switch costs $299, coming March 3
- Nintendo Switch battery life is 2.5 hours to 6 hours
- New Mario: Odyssey game won't be Nintendo Switch launch title
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Switch launch game