This next announcement from ECS highlights the birth of two new "Mobile on Desktop" motherboards which both feature the ability to use Intel's Core Duo CPUs via the residing mPGA479M socket, thus providing quiet efficient computing in a desktop environment without compromising performance.
Both the Intel 975X chipset-based PF23 motherboard and the Intel 945GT chipset-based ECS 945GT-M motherboard are covered in more detail via the supporting PR here folks.
The Intel 975X chipset-based PF23 motherboard and the Intel 945GT chipset-based ECS 945GT-M motherboard both feature socket mPGA479M which supports the Intel Core Duo CPU, Intel's first 65nm dual-core mobile-optimised processor. This allows them to offer the lightening fast performance of a desktop with the cool, quiet operations of a notebook. A combination which provides stellar performance with reduced power consumption, improving the performance/thermal dissipation ratio which also leads to quieter fan operation and less noise.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cyberpunk 2077 has 'huge living cities,' real-time AI
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- NX will get Nintendo 'back into the race,' says Ubisoft
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now