This next announcement from ECS highlights the birth of two new "Mobile on Desktop" motherboards which both feature the ability to use Intel's Core Duo CPUs via the residing mPGA479M socket, thus providing quiet efficient computing in a desktop environment without compromising performance.
Both the Intel 975X chipset-based PF23 motherboard and the Intel 945GT chipset-based ECS 945GT-M motherboard are covered in more detail via the supporting PR here folks.
The Intel 975X chipset-based PF23 motherboard and the Intel 945GT chipset-based ECS 945GT-M motherboard both feature socket mPGA479M which supports the Intel Core Duo CPU, Intel's first 65nm dual-core mobile-optimised processor. This allows them to offer the lightening fast performance of a desktop with the cool, quiet operations of a notebook. A combination which provides stellar performance with reduced power consumption, improving the performance/thermal dissipation ratio which also leads to quieter fan operation and less noise.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio