This next announcement from ECS highlights the birth of two new "Mobile on Desktop" motherboards which both feature the ability to use Intel's Core Duo CPUs via the residing mPGA479M socket, thus providing quiet efficient computing in a desktop environment without compromising performance.
Both the Intel 975X chipset-based PF23 motherboard and the Intel 945GT chipset-based ECS 945GT-M motherboard are covered in more detail via the supporting PR here folks.
The Intel 975X chipset-based PF23 motherboard and the Intel 945GT chipset-based ECS 945GT-M motherboard both feature socket mPGA479M which supports the Intel Core Duo CPU, Intel's first 65nm dual-core mobile-optimised processor. This allows them to offer the lightening fast performance of a desktop with the cool, quiet operations of a notebook. A combination which provides stellar performance with reduced power consumption, improving the performance/thermal dissipation ratio which also leads to quieter fan operation and less noise.
Further Reading: Read and find more Motherboards news at our Motherboards news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
Motherboards News Posts
- GIGABYTE Z87 Motherboards with The Brix
- ASUS shows off some military themed motherboards at Computex 2013
- ASRock gets us wet with their Z87 OC FORMULA motherboard
- MSI expand their motherboard line up with the Z87 POWER and more
- EVGA show off Z87 motherboards and remind us of X79
- GIGABYTE adds new LGA1150 motherboard to Sniper line of gaming motherboards
- GIGABYTE's new Z87X-OC LGA 1150 motherboard designed with overclocking in mind
- EVGA debuts new Z87 Classified LGA 1150 motherboard at Computex Taipei 2013
- ASUS debuts new Z87-A LGA 1150 motherboard at Computex Taipei 2013
- A hands-on video of GIGABYTE's range of Intel Z87 Express "Haswell" motherboards
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: Now you have the facts, which is your next-gen gaming console?View More Polls
- GA-Z87MX-D3H -- Windows 8 Pro Media Center --- Ehome USB IR receiver -- Unreliable Media Center remote power ON/OFF
- red bias on RGB not displaying
- SLI workable on two different MSI video card models?
- PC Power up issues on AsRock's 775i65G R3.0 motherboard, when using a Core 2 Quad processor
- suspect bad memory V-Color TD2G16C9-Z8 2GB chips
Motherboards Press Releases
- ASRock Promises Improved WiFi with A-Style: 2T2R Dual Band 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth v4.0
- ASUS Unveils Full Range of Z87 Motherboards- With Photos on the new design
- MSI MS-98D1 EPIC IPC Motherboard Announced
- Advantech Launches ATX Intel Xeon E5 Industrial Serverboard
- ASRock Brings New Technology to Light! A-Style: Purity Sound