Grand Theft Auto 5 was a great looking game by default, but the mods that are available make it look jaw-droppingly gorgeous - and now the beautiful GTA 5 Redux mod is here, blowing us all away. You can get the new GTA 5 Redux mod right here.
The mod requires 70GB of HDD space, and as for the PC, the developer notes "with optimal performance, and the ability to handle a 5-20 frames per second drop in comparison to the 'vanilla' game, the variance between 5 and 20, is due to the players choice of ReShade presets. All the different options come with a different style, as well as performance impact".
There is lots going on though, including:
- Brand new, real life, company textures for billboards, commercial vehicles, trailers, bus stops, and taxi ads.
- Roads! - (mostly) All road textures are being replaced, with 100% custom normal and specular map textures. Including road damages, cross walks, sidewalks, curbs, barriers, and more.
- Brand new damage overlay texture.
- New textures for all ground debris, including pop bottles/cans, newspapers, letter scraps etc.
- Muzzle flash, tracers, debris and other destructive/weapon related textures.
- Greatly increased particle count for all related effects.
- All environmental particle effects are now active.
- Ground debris blows with natural force.
- Leaves fall from tree's, bushes, shrubs, and palms with much more consistency.
- Paper and garbage blow from trash trucks at a higher rate and density.
- Water splash effects manipulated for more realistic reactions.