Final Fantasy 15 game director Hajime Tabata spills the beans on a ton of new game info, answering burning community questions around moogles (yes, they're in!), the flying car airship, combat, summons, and much, much more.
While Square Enix's Final Fantasy Uncovered event revealed quite a bit about Final Fantasy 15, there's still much more we don't know. Thankfully Tabata-san took some time to sit down with PlayStation Access and answer a bunch of questions. Check our list below for the major tidbits.
- Final Fantasy 15 will have a NewGame+ mode
- Moogles are in the game, but tonberries might not be
- There are no loading screens while flying around in the car airship
- The Justice Monsters app in the console game will carry over to mobile, but in limited ways
- FF15 needs to sell 10 million copies in its lifetime for Square Enix to consider it a success
- The game will have a photo mode, and Prompto will take the photos--but Square Enix is currently working on letting players take custom photos with the HUD disabled
- Remember the old man wearing the trucker hat in the second trailer? That was Cid, and he's Cidney's grandfather
- Players will be able to train their chocobos using special gyshal greens, which will enhance their abilities and make them stronger. It's exactly the same as the food system in the game, where you cook meals that boost stats.
Final Fantasy 15 is slated to release on September 30 across PS4 and Xbox One, and Square Enix promises to evaluate a PC version in the future. Final Fantasy 15 will also have its own prequel CGI movie called Kingsglaive, as well as a free anime series called Brotherhood that shows the friendship between Noctis, Gladio, Ignis and Prompto.
If you plan on pre-ordering the game be sure to check out the two collector's editions that are now available. Be sure to check out the latest screenshots below!