As per the usual monthly routine for ATI, their new 5.9 Catalyst drivers are now available for download. If anything's bugging you about the 5.8 (or earlier) drivers, give these a shot as there's tons of bug fixes implemented. Additionally, theres some new features to be had which are mentioned in the below comments.
Oh, and for the laptop owners out there, here's the Mobility 5.9s for you to try out.
Driver Message Events :-
Catalyst 5.9 introduces Display Abstraction Layer (DAL) activation of driver message events for notification of controller configuration changes. This feature will apply to all supported operating systems.
Directional Motion Adaptive Deinterlacing Algorithm :-
Catalyst 5.9 introduces directional motion adaptive deinterlacing algorithm through the 3D shader. The algorithm will detect edges in 5 different directions. This reduces artifacts, and improves the overall detinterlace video quality.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- FIC Ice Cube HU61 Barebones @ ThinkComputers
- Patriot Memory Factory Tour in Fremont, CA, USA @ Hardware Secrets
- OCZ EL Gold PC4000 2GB Kit @ OCIA
- Dell jumps into low-cost flash MP3 market with DJ Ditty @ Toms Hardware
- Thermalright V-1 *UPDATE* @ Insanetek
- Jetart Xcool NP6900 Foldable Notebook Cooler @ RojakPot
- Toshiba ups the ante with announcement of dual-layer HD DVD-R @ Toms Hardware
- Chic Laptop Bags for Fall @ Designtechnica