Albatron have recently come up with a rather nifty piece of hardware in their "ATOP Bridge Card". This card allows one to piggyback their existing AGP 8X graphics card onto a PCIe based motherboard, making the platform upgrade process a less costly one. For more info including links of images and reviews, head over to this section of Albatron's website. More info also found here.
The ATOP bridge card allows you to use your AGP-8x card with PCI-E mainboards. Your AGP-8x card simply piggybacks on the ATOP card's AGP-8x slot located on the top edge. The ATOP card is then plugged into the mainboard's PCI-Express slot. The only other installation requirements are replacing the bracket on the AGP-8x card with an ATOP bracket and installing the appropriate driver.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Samsung Unveils 2GB Flash Memory Chip @ XBit Labs
- BitMicro rolls out 155 Gig solid-state flash drive @ Toms Hardware
- Fall Extreme Gamer System Shootout Part 3: Alienware's ALX @ Toms Hardware
- Biostar iDEQ 350G SFF PC @ SFFTech
- Memory Bandwidth vs. Latency Timings @ The TechZone
- Memory Market Overview: September 2005 @ XBit Labs
- Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Edition @ PCReview
- Olympus µ [mju] Digital 800 8 megapixel digital camera @ Trusted Reviews
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.