ECS are jumping onto the CrossFire bandwagon with the release of their PA1 and KA1 Extreme motherboards, designed for the Intel and AMD platforms respectively. By utilization of ATI's latest Radeon XPress 200 CrossFire chipset, the two boards will allow for dual ATI PCIe based graphics cards to work in tandem for a significant boost in GPU performance, not unlike that of NVIDIA's SLI. Also implemented on these boards is ECS's Scalable D.G.E. feature. For more info on that amongst other relevant details, grab a hold of the official announcement. I've also acquired a specifications list for the PA1 variant here folks.
Milton Keynes, England, September 12th, 2005 - Elitegroup Computer Systems (UK) Ltd (ECS), today announced availability of its PA1 Extreme and KA1 Extreme, ATI CrossFire motherboards.
Built from the ground up for gaming enthusiasts, the PA1 Extreme and KA1 Extreme motherboards are built on the latest ATI Radeon XPress 200 CrossFire chipsets for both AMD and Intel, supporting ATI CrossFire technology and delivering an unprecedented graphics experience. CrossFire harnesses the power of two graphics cards to render high-definition 3D gaming.
Further Reading: Read and find more Motherboards news at our Motherboards news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
Motherboards News Posts
- ASRock shows off Dual Band Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Waterproof Conformal Coating on Intel 8-Series motherboards
- ECS unveils Intel 8-Series motherboards in three flavors of goodness
- ASRock's Z87 Extreme9/ac is first Intel 8 Series motherboard to receive Thunderbolt certification
- ASRock demos new HDMI input on new 8 Series Intel motherboards
- ASRock's Z87 motherboard series gets unveiled, some boards will feature 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Gigabyte's Z87X-UD3H smiles for the camera, Haswell is getting close!
- Take a look at the UEFI DualBIOS on Gigabyte's new Haswell motherboard
- ASRock launches microsite to tease us about its upcoming Intel 8 Series motherboards
- A closer look at Gigabyte's hot-as-hell Z87 G1-Killer Haswell-based motherboard
- Gigabyte's next-gen Z87 G1-Killer motherboard teased
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: What new stuff are you most excited to see at Computex Taipei 2013?View More Polls
- Asrock z68 pro3 gen3 motherboard USB3.0 problem
- Number lock and mouse issues
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) Blu-ray Movie Review
- Z77X-UD5H questions
- ADATA DashDrive Elite UE700 USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
Motherboards Press Releases
- ASRock Promises Improved WiFi with A-Style: 2T2R Dual Band 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth v4.0
- ASUS Unveils Full Range of Z87 Motherboards- With Photos on the new design
- MSI MS-98D1 EPIC IPC Motherboard Announced
- Advantech Launches ATX Intel Xeon E5 Industrial Serverboard
- ASRock Brings New Technology to Light! A-Style: Purity Sound