ECS are jumping onto the CrossFire bandwagon with the release of their PA1 and KA1 Extreme motherboards, designed for the Intel and AMD platforms respectively. By utilization of ATI's latest Radeon XPress 200 CrossFire chipset, the two boards will allow for dual ATI PCIe based graphics cards to work in tandem for a significant boost in GPU performance, not unlike that of NVIDIA's SLI. Also implemented on these boards is ECS's Scalable D.G.E. feature. For more info on that amongst other relevant details, grab a hold of the official announcement. I've also acquired a specifications list for the PA1 variant here folks.
Milton Keynes, England, September 12th, 2005 - Elitegroup Computer Systems (UK) Ltd (ECS), today announced availability of its PA1 Extreme and KA1 Extreme, ATI CrossFire motherboards.
Built from the ground up for gaming enthusiasts, the PA1 Extreme and KA1 Extreme motherboards are built on the latest ATI Radeon XPress 200 CrossFire chipsets for both AMD and Intel, supporting ATI CrossFire technology and delivering an unprecedented graphics experience. CrossFire harnesses the power of two graphics cards to render high-definition 3D gaming.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Take a walk with 'Billy Lynn' and win a 3D Blu-ray on us
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity