With demands on higher amounts of power from hardware devices as they get faster and hungrier, its not surprising maker's of power supplies are continually working to provide us with beefier units for our systems. But who'd ever have thought we'd see 1000w (or 1 kilowatt) monsters pop up so soon? - Developed to power next-generation graphics and high-performance servers, the Turbo-Cool 1KW from PC Power & Cooling will ship worldwide in September 2005. With a form factor that fits most ATX cases, the ground-breaking power supply delivers 1000 watts (one kilowatt) of continuous power with a peak power of 1100 watts. The unit will retail for $489.00 US and carries a 5-year warranty.
The upscale technology behind the Turbo-Cool 1KW was first introduced by PC Power & Cooling in its Turbo-Cool 850 SSI power supply, the industry's current performance leader. Released in February 2005, the 850 SSI has been recognized for excellence by NVIDIA corporation, Tom'sHardware, Maximum PC, and many other high-performance experts.
In order to generate one kilowatt of continuous power from the existing 850 SSI platform, the Turbo-Cool 1KW's power modules were engineered for greater thermal efficiency and key components throughout the unit were upgraded to handle the additional current. The result is an EPS12V/SSI/SLI power supply with unprecedented output (66 amps total on the +12VDC rails) in a form factor that fits most ATX cases.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Fall Extreme Gamer System Shootout Begins @ Toms Hardware
- Dual Crap @ Lost Circuits
- PCI Express Bus Tutorial @ Hardware Secrets
- Abit finds itself in more trouble @ DigiTimes
- Patriot Memory PDC1G5600ELK @ PCStats
- Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 (BL2KIT6464AA1005) Memory Modules @ XBit Labs
- Seagate Momentus 120GB @ Viperlair
- The Different Levels Of RAID & What They Do @ The TechZone
Further Reading: Read and find more Cases, Cooling & PSU news at our Cases, Cooling & PSU news index page.