Both chipset maker ULi and motherboard maker ASRock have paired up to officially release the "939 Dual-SATA2" motherboard, based on ULI's M1695/M1567 chipset. Amongst the usual array of features found on this board (and the added benefit of SATA2 support), this model also sports ULi's TGi technology which allows one to make use of a multi-display arrangement with both the implemented AGP 8X *AND* PCIe 16x video card slots. This AMD S939 motherboard would also be particularly of interest to upgraders wanting the expandability of PCI-Express without being forced into switching from their AGP gfx card to that of PCIe at the same time. For more details, check out the official PR folks.
"Devoted to bring ASRock die-hard users the best benefits, the newly released ASRock 939Dual-SATA2, is believed to draw users' attention with its cost-effective, considerate and longevity features. Matching with ULi M1695/M1567, the life circle of 939Dual-SATA2 is unlimitedly extended. The design of both AGP8X and PCI Express graphics interface, allows users to switch graphics cards depending on their budget and needs, and the Future CPU upgrade port lets users to upgrade future CPU socket when it is mature for the market. As for the scalability of hard disk, the embedded JMicron PCI Express based SATA2 controller further extends 939Dual-SATA's life circle by supporting Serial ATA II interface." said ASRock.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Alienware Area-51M 7700 notebook @ OCPrices
- ECS KN1 SLI Extreme motherboard @ PCPerspective
- PT880Pro - Flexible Upgrading @ VIAArena
- IDF 2005: Enthusiast Memory Update @ LegitReviews
- Synology Disk Station DS-101g+ @ Hexus
- Vantec NexStar 3 USB2.0 HDD Enclosure @ PCStats
- New GlacialTech Models in Summer @ Digit-Life
- Cooler Master Aquagate Mini R120 Watercooling kit @ Trusted Reviews
- asetek VapoChill Micro @ Hardware Zone