Western Digital have just launched a new breed of enterprise hard drives dubbed the "Caviar RE2" series (with RE referring to "RAID Edition"). These new 400GB SATA hard drives are aimed at server and network storage configurations with a reliability rating of 1.2 million hours. The drives also sport native command queuing and 16MBs of cache.
For further details, have a read through the official announcement folks.
LAKE FOREST, Calif. - August 30, 2005 - Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) today introduced the most reliable high capacity Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives for server and network-attached storage applications. Reliability-rated at 1.2 million hours MTBF (mean time between failure) in high duty cycle environments, WD Caviar® RE2 (RAID Edition) 400 GB hard drives are designed from the ground up to deliver enterprise reliability.
The demand for high capacity, high reliability storage is rapidly growing. According to market research firm Gartner, the number of EIDE or ATA/SATA terabytes shipped into multi-user servers and storage systems will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 54 percent between 2005 and 2009. (Market Share and Forecast: Hard Disk Drives Worldwide, 2000-2009, John Monroe, April 2005)
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Jetart NP6600 Foldable Notebook Cooler @ Extreme Overclocking
- Scythe Katana CPU Cooler @ GamerGod
- Samsung WriteMaster SE-W164 16x16x External DVD Writer @ PCStats
- Apacer 15-n-1 Card Reader @ GideonTech
- Shuttle SD31P SD31P Barebone Dual Core Ready SFF PC @ Hardware XL
- Building a $1,000 Gaming PC @ FiringSquad
- All Celeron Models @ Hardware Secrets
- Overclocking a P4 530J CPU @ Motherboards
- Clash of the Titans: Dothan vs Turion @ Laptop Logic