- CompactFlash Card Roundup: 1GB Models
Wanting to know more about the benefits of "Compact Flash" memory modules? PCStats is the place to go with a fresh article up explaining why this physically larger form of flash storage is still highly popular in the digital photography world (particularly for SLR type cameras). They also round up a bunch of popular branded CF cards and compare them for noteworthy differences.
This year marked a turning point in photography; for the first time in history, digital cameras outsold traditional film cameras. Considering the flexibility and drastically improved image and print quality of digital cameras, it should not come as a surprise that the future of photography is digital.
When examining the broad array of entry-to-mid-level digital cameras, most manufacturers are firmly aligned with one flash memory media format or another. Olympus and FujiFilm use SmartMedia and xD, Sony has its Memory Stick and most of the others rely on Secure Digital media. Then there are the rest which still use CompactFlash Type I or Type II cards (CF for short). CompactFlash is not long for the entry-level digital camera market, however.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- ABIT NI8 SLI Motherboard @ Trusted Reviews
- Corsair: Performance memory market not about overclocking anymore @ Toms Hardware
- Recording and Producing Your Podcast @ Toms Hardware
- SE-VOIP USB Skype Phones @ BigBruin
- nVIDIA GeForce 7800GT @ Rage3D
- MSI NX7800GTX @ Guru3D
- Saitek Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard @ System Cooling
- Fujifilm FinePix F10 digital camera @ Trusted Reviews
- CMOS voltage regulator to reduce CPU power consumption by up to 35% @ Toms Hardware
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.