- Shuttle Prepares to Host Nation's Largest eSports Gaming Tournament
Shuttle are gearing up to host Taiwan's grand final to this year's massive World Cyber Games Tournament this coming weekend. 150 finalists will be competing for a share of NT $1M in prize money, along with the chance to move ahead onto even bigger and better things at the WCG world finals which will be held later in the year in Singapore. For further info on all the preperations and upcoming happenings, grab a hold of Shuttle's official press release detailing whats to come folks.
Aside from the main competition, key entertainment features will include a song and dance performance by Taiwanese pop sensation and official ambassador for WCG Taiwan, Cyndi, and a celebrity gaming challenge where fans will be given the opportunity to play Cyndi at Counter Strike, while fellow pop star and king of World of WarCraft, Machi, will face opponents at WarCraft III. Other planned festivities include a Cosplay demo and competition where fans will dress up as their favorite game characters, and thousands of cool giveaways, including badges, fans, and giant hands to help spectators cheer on the action.
As organizer for the championship, Shuttle along with its co-sponsors, has developed a special tournament edition XPC and XP17 display on which the games will be played. In total 300 of these distinctive white systems have been produced for the event.
- IDF Fall 2005 Event Coverage!
- Fall IDF 2005 - Day 1: Coverage of Everything @ Anandtech
- Fall IDF 2005 - Day 1: Pictures of Intel's Next Generation CPUs @ Anandtech
- Fall IDF 2005 - Day 1: Intel's New Architecture Details Revealed @ Anandtech
- Fall IDF 2005 - Day 1: Intel Introduces new Microprocessor Architecture @ Anandtech
- Fall IDF 2005: Day 1 Highlights @ LegitReviews
- IDF August 2005 :: Intel VIIV - The Solution - 64 bits @ Hexus
- IDF August 2005 :: NVIDIA Update @ Hexus
- IDF Fall 2005 Day 1: Continued @ XBit Labs