GIGABYTE aim to fill a hole in the market with the release of their GN-MD01 AirCruiser G Game Adapter, a device which allows one to connect their game consoles wirelessly to a home network (or the internet directly) for cable-free multiplayer gaming. Compatibility isnt an issue either, designed to work on the XBOX, Playstation 2, and GameCube series. The device also has the ability to operate as an internet access point, further extending the wireless signal range across a network. For further info on this very cool device, grab the official announcement from GIGABYTE folks.
Taipei, Taiwan 17th August, 2005 - GIGABYTE Technology®, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, VGA cards, wireless communication products, and other computing hardware solutions, today announced the GN-MD01 AirCruiser G Game Adapter that allows gaming consoles to connect to each other or to the web wirelessly for cable-free console gaming. The Game Adapter is compatible with consoles such as the Xbox, PlayStation or GameCube series, and allows gamers to enjoy one-on-one gaming with other Game Adapters, or to connect to existing home wireless networks or Internet connections and play online games with players anywhere in the world. The GN-MD01 can also function as an Internet Access Point, extending the reach of wireless home networks into the den and other typical game console environments.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Gigabyte's W511A Notebook @ Toms Hardware
- ATI Graphics complete round-up @ TechSpot
- The Addonics SATA CF Adapter @ Toms Hardware
- QuakeCon 2005: Day One @ Techfreaks
- OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 1024MB Gold Edition Dual Channel @ 3DXtreme
- Secret Overclocking In ASUS Motherboards @ RojakPot
- ABIT AN8-SLI nForce4-SLI Motherboard @ PCStats
- XTrac Mad Dotz and InstaGlide @ Madshrimps
- How To Create An Uncrackable Password @ The TechZone