A few of the guys from VIAArena have made sure to be where all the action is at the moment, scooping up a bunch of coverage for us live from QuakeCon. They also bring to our attention the "girls of gOd", sponsored by VIA. This team consisting of talented female Quake III'ers from around the globe who battle it out in the Inaugural QUAKE III Arena Ms. QuakeCon Championship. The VIAArena crew also got the chance to produce a PodCast for us as they briefly interview one of the winning gOd team members about her thoughts on Quake 4, QuakeCon, and Girls in Gaming. Finally, there's also several shots taken of the many glorious case mod designs to have made an appearance at the event.
QuakeCon is of course one of the largest annual LAN gaming events and tournaments. Join Keith Kowal as he recalls the events of each day, especially coverage of the VIA sponsored Girls of Destruction team who are competing in the Ms Quake Con Tournament. Will they kick ass in VIA shirts?
With everyone arriving from near and far last night and into this morning it was a slow start to the first day at QuakeCon 2005, but it wasn't long before the air was alive with excitement of friends greeting each other, and expectations of the heated competition to come.
- More QuakeCon Related Coverage
- Live From Dallas - Day of QuakeCon 2005 @ Toms Hardware
- Quakecon 2005: Day 2 @ LegitReviews
- Quakecon 2005: Day 3 @ Bjorn3D
- QuakeCon TV is LIVE @ QuakeCon
- QuakeCon 2005: John Carmacks Keynote Speech Video @ FileRush (File)
- QuakeCon 2005 - id Quake 4 SP Footage and QandA @ FileRush (File)
Further Reading: Read and find more Gaming news at our Gaming news index page.
Post a Comment about this news
Gaming News Posts
- RumorTT: Steam could allow game sharing between friends
- The Last of Us is doing well, selling over one million copies in its first week to be the biggest launch of the year
- GameStick delayed until August, cites the need for user feedback
- Steven Spielberg spotted playing Battlefield 4 at E3 2013
- TweakTown checks out Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare at E3 2013
- TweakTown goes hands-on with Battlefield 4 at E3 2013
- CliffyB weighs in on the used games debacle, says that Sony is 'playing us'
- Planetary Annihilation hits Steam for $90, causes an outrage
- Sony dives deeper into DriveClub, clues us in on some more aspects of the game
- TweakTown goes hands-on with DriveClub on the PS4
TweakTown Web PollQuestion: Now you have the facts, which is your next-gen gaming console?View More Polls
- 880GM not booting, southbridge getting very hot
- 880GM-UD2H Rev1.0 - Phenom II 955BE 2x2gb Mushkin Radioactive PC3-12800 6-8-6-24 Problems
- Z87 Extreme6 LGA driver & utility questions
- ASRock Z87E-ITX (Intel Z87) Mini-ITX Motherboard Review
- Cannot connect to the internet
Gaming Press Releases
- Intel Delivers New Range of Developer Tools for Gaming, Media
- AMD Delivers Unified Gaming Strategy at GDC 2013
- DICE Reveals Next Generation of Battlefield; New Benchmark in Game Design, Multiplayer Engagement
- AVerMedia Unveils World's Most Portable Gaming Capture Box
- NVIDIA Announces PhysX and APEX Support for Sony PlayStation 4