Now that the 10th annual QuakeCon is underway, there's a bit of coverage starting to surface on the net with the day 1 happenings. First of all, there's an official "Quake IV" movie gone live which GamersHell pointed out to us earlier, this a must-watch whether you were a previous Quake lover or not! Bjorn3D have also reported their attendance at the huge event, with full coverage from the first day for us.
Welcome one and all to Quakecon 2005 from the beautiful and enormous Gaylord Texan Convention Center and Hotel in Grapevine, TX. Well over 6,000 are expected to attend one of the largest LAN party and gaming expos in the world. I can tell you first hand that it is definitely quite the show once again this year.
Already several thousand people have packed themselves into what is basically a room the size of...oh....4 football fields. Monitors glow in every direction, and the gaming is in full effect. Oh yeah, and this lasts for the next three days too.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Evercool PT03-9232CP Cooler @ InsaneTek
- TTIC NPH-K8-2 Cooler @ Overclocker Cafe
- Sunbeamtech Pro Series Illuminated Keyboard @ BigBruin
- ATI readies RV530 and RV515 @ The Inquirer
- ASUS Extreme N7800GTX @ Digital-Daily
- Radeon X800XL 512Mb Roundup @ Digital-Daily
- LCOS will repalce Plasma? @ News.com
- NVIDIA Mulls General Purpose Processing on GPUs @ XBit Labs
- Thermaltake TWV500W 500W Power Supply @ InsaneTek
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.
Do you get our news RSS feed? Get It!