A press release from Western Digital recently has it that they've extended the warranty period to three years for a bunch of their desktop hard disk drives, and five years for enterprise drives. They state that all drives purchased or manufacturered as of June 1 this year are covered under the new policy. This is also now in effect for australian authorised WD distributors Achieva Technology, Esys, Ingram Micro, Synnex and Westan.
LAKE FOREST, Calif. - August 1, 2005 - Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) today announced that it is increasing the warranty period of some of its hard drives by standardizing all WD enterprise drives to five years and WD desktop and notebook drives to three years. . All drives sold through WD's authorised distributors and manufactured or purchased after June 1, 2005, are affected by the new policy. This policy is now in effect for Australian authorised WD distributors Achieva Technology, Esys, Ingram Micro, Synnex and Westan.
"WD has carefully listened to customers, whose storage needs and buying preferences vary significantly based on geography and application," said Arif Shakeel, president and chief operating officer for WD. "Many of our customers offer 3-year warranties on their desktop and notebook systems and 5-year warranties on their servers. WD's new warranty policy aligns with the industry standards and meets or exceeds customer expectations."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Pentium D not supported by nForce 4-IE @ The Inquirer
- ASUS P5WD2 Premium (WiFi-TV Edition) @ Digit-Life
- Steel Sound 5H-USB Professional Gaming Headset Pictorial @ RojakPot
- Antec NeoPower 480 power supply @ 3DAccelerated
- Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-450 ATX Power Supply @ SilentPCReview
- iSmart Digital Picture Frame @ Hardware Zone
- Thermaltake Volcano 4005 Heat Exchanger @ Techniz
- Thermaltake Golden Orb II CPU Cooler @ TechPowerUp