Playing computer games can be good for your health, according to a British boffin. Mark Griffiths, professor of gambling studies at Nottingham Trent University, reckons that research into the effects of playing computer games "is often trivialised".
Yet, he believes it should be taken more seriously especially since it can help aid the recovery of people who are ill. His article in the British Medical journal (BMJ) found that playing games "can distract the player from the sensation of pain, a strategy that has been reported and evaluated among paediatric patients".
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Clevo D900K Athlon 64 Ready Notebook @ AMDBoard
- Mushkin PC-3500 Redline Memory @ Hi-Tech Reviews
- Overclocking Guide @ BenchmarkHQ
- MPeye HTS-200 MP3 Player @ Trusted Reviews
- Ways to increase Wi-Fi performance @ Digit-Life