Another month gone by, another set of CATALYSTS for you to try - As per usual, there's quite a large array of fixes implemented into the new 5.7 driver suite for all the popular games on the shelf, as well as some increased performance figures all round.
Enhancements to our driver's internal memory management bring significant benefits to 64MB and 128MB framebuffer configurations in Catalyst™ 5.7.
The resulting performance gains are most apparent in high resolution, everything on modes, when running applications that use a significant amount of graphics memory. Examples include:
* 5-15% gains in 3DMark05 on some products
* 20-60% gain in Far Cry Regulator across multiple settings
* 25-60% gains in Half-Life 2 at 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF
* 40-60% gains in UT2004 at 1600x1200 6xAA 16xAF
* 50-100% improvement in Comanche4 at 1600x1200 6xAA 16xAF
* 50-200% gains in certain ShaderMark tests at high resolution
Quick off the mark, German based site Origo3D have provided us with a comparison article looking at the performance of the 5.7s vs previous CATALYSTS.
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.