A couple of new multimedia keyboard products were released by Microsoft today, namely their "Wireless Optical Desktop 5000" package which also includes a wireless mouse, and the "Remote Keyboard for WinXP Media Center Edition" which would be ideally useful in a loungeroom HTPC setup.
For the full scoop, head over to Microsoft's website where the official press release resides.
REDMOND, Wash. -- July 12, 2005 -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will unveil two new hardware devices with innovative, easy-to-use features and sophisticated designs that will make accessing PC entertainment more enjoyable. The devices are an expression of Microsoft's continuing commitment to enhancing consumers' digital experiences anywhere.
Microsoft Hardware has developed the first three-in-one control center for a Windows® XP-based Media Center PC with remote, keyboard and mouse capabilities in one sleek device, designed exclusively for the living room. For digital camera owners, Microsoft will also introduce a mouse, keyboard and digital image software suite for everyday use that turns any desktop into a virtual darkroom.
"We create hardware for how and where people use their PC," said Tom Gibbons, general manager of the Hardware Group at Microsoft. "With this in mind, we designed two new devices to enhance the digital entertainment activities people are now enjoying, such as playing movies on their Media Center and editing digital photos."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- PDP Systems Patriot PC3200 XBLK @ Viperlair
- Sunbeamtech Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler @ BigBruin
- 9 external racks 3\"5 USB 2.0 @ CowCotLand
- SanDisk intros 512 MByte micro SD card @ 3DXtreme
- Intel D 820 Dual Core Processor @ DriverHeaven
- AMD Athlon64 X2 Processor Roundup @ GamePC
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league