- Athlon 64 FX55 San Diego Overclocked 1GHz To 3.6!
This is certainly one way to initiate jealousy amongst the masses, the folks over at AMDZone have been spending some time overclocking their San Diego cored Athlon 64 FX-55 sample, and ended up with a rather awesome result indeed. Try 3.6GHz at 1.64v for size, this of course with the help of some extreme cooling however, but a very impressive result nonetheless.
Why's it only showing 3.4 in the CPU-Z screeny? As per the below comments, AMDZone refer to a minor glitch with CPU-Z which they aim to solve and have a fixed screeny posted up later in the day.
So what better day to do some overclocking than the 4th of July? I can't think of one. Of course when it is 100 degrees outside you want to cool your CPU down to -40 degrees Celcius with a Prometia Mach II setup. I took my Athlon 64 FX55 San Diego core which previously we got to 3.1GHz, and decided to push it to 3.6GHz for a 1GHz overclock. Well it worked, but for some reason the CPU-Z screenshot, while named 3616 came out showing the previous 3.4GHz I had reached. Don't ask me why, but I'll try and get a higher speed screenshot up later today. My tools include a 550 watt Coolermaster power supply, the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR, some Corsair XMS Pro DDR400, and the 510 bios for the board. Stay tuned for updates.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Transcend T.sonic 610 Player @ Hardware-Pacers
- CoolerMaster NotePal Notebook Cooler @ Futurelooks
- Leadtek 6600GT Extreme Graphics Card @ CoolTechZone
- Antec P180 Review, Part 2: The Whole Nine Yards @ SilentPCReview
- First Look: Cowon iAudio X5 Video MP3 Player @ CoolTechZone
- First Look: YH-925GS Photo MP3 Player @ CoolTechZone
- XFX GeForce 7800 GTX graphics card @ Trusted Reviews
- D-Link Securicam DCS-5300G IP Camera @ Trusted Reviews
- Be Cool - CPU Cooler Roundup @ Trusted Reviews
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.