- World's First TGi Chip Obtains PCI-SIG PCI Express
ULi Electronics have announced today that their new M1695 chipset for Athlon64 has just recently passed the PCI-SIG compliance certification workshop. Grab the official PR for further details on this new hybrid PCIe/AGP chipset.
Taipei, Taiwan--(BUSINESS WIRE)-June 28, 2005-- ULi Electronics Inc. (ULi), a leading core logic chipset manufacturer, today announced that its latest M1695 HyperTransport™ PCI Express™ tunnel chip has recently passed the PCI-SIG compliance certification workshop. Following the recent achievement, motherboard manufacturers have advanced their objectives to quickly bring M1695 into volume production in response to the compelling demands of high quality solutions with advanced flexibility to support both PCI Express x16 and native AGP 8X graphic interfaces.
- PCMark05 Now Available
FutureMark have kicked off their latest benchmarking suite today, that of PCMark05. Compared to the previous 04 release of PCMark, this one has a whole new benchmarking engine in place which performs a varity of strenuous tasks such as HD video transcoding, digital music encoding, advanced threading and trace-based hard disk performance tests.
FutureMark's official announcement on the new PCMark05 benchmarking suite can be found at this section of their website.
You can grab the 75MB full install ("Basic" version) via one of the links at this page folks.
Saratoga, California USA - June 28, 2005 - With today's launch of PCMark05, Futuremark furthers its leading position as the benchmark software provider of choice for the PC industry, IT managers, IT media and consumers. PCMark05 is a totally new product and features the most advanced workloads, including HD video transcoding, digital music encoding, advanced threading and trace-based hard disk performance tests.
PCMark05 enables truly objective performance comparisons between the latest PC platforms and architectures and supports all the latest technologies. PCMark05 features tests with advanced threading which enable accurate benchmarking of the latest PCs with multi-core and hyper-threaded CPUs.
As with all Futuremark products, PCMark05 was produced in close cooperation with Futuremark's Benchmark Development Program (BDP). Companies participating in PCMark BDP during PCMark05 development were: AMD, Dell, Intel, Microsoft and NVIDIA.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Eternal Battle Day 2: The Ultimate Workstation @ FiringSquad
- AMD Motherboards: Processor Support @ Anandtech
- ASUS RX3141IP Sharing Gateway Router @ Toms Networking
- Will Xbox 360, PS3 determine the victor in the Blu-ray - HD DVD dispute? @ Toms Hardware
- Ultra Products Ultra Fire @ Overclockers Online
- Cooler Master Hyper 6+ heatsink @ PC Perspective
- Digital Video Recorders: Take Control of TV @ Toms Hardware
- Logitech z5500 Speakers: Good for gamers... but what about music enthusiasts? @ Techtastic