And here's the all-official from NVIDIA on 7800 GTX. Three seperate announcements were made as per the below links. NVIDIA have certainly got the big thumbs up with this particular launch, making sure their new card was readily available in stores come launch day. Lets hope certain other companies learn to follow suit!
- NVIDIA Redefines High-End PC Graphics with New-Generation GeForce 7800 GTX GPU
- NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 Receives Widespread Game Developer Endorsement
- NVIDIA Announces High-Volume Worldwide Availability of the New GeForce 7800 GTX GPU
SAN FRANCISCO, CA-JUNE 22, 2005-NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processing, today unveiled the NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 GTX graphics processing unit (GPU), the new flagship of the NVIDIA GeForce GPU line-up. Available immediately to consumers, GeForce 7800 GTX GPUs feature a completely redesigned architecture that brings with it a number of groundbreaking achievements, including:
- A brand new programmable shader architecture, with more than twice the shading horsepower of the previous generation
- Film-quality, high dynamic-range lighting support-the must-have developer feature for the latest games
- Second-generation NVIDIA® SLI technology, for the absolute highest performance and best image quality
- Second-generation NVIDIA® PureVideo technology, for home theater-quality video on the PC
- Release 75 of the NVIDIA® ForceWare driver, for improved SLI performance with support for the latest games, new HDTV and PureVideo settings, as well as support for OpenGL® 2.0
"With more than 300 million transistors, the GeForce 7800 GTX GPU is the most advanced graphics processor ever built," stated Ujesh Desai, general manager of GeForce GPUs at NVIDIA. "With this new graphics architecture, we are able to create a GPU so powerful that game developers can start to make their visions a reality, and real-time gaming can now rival offline film rendering."