ABIT's global ACON5 gaming tournament has finally come to an end for this year, with the finals having taken place in Xian, China on June 3rd. A "Virtus Pro" from Russia came out on top in the Counter-Strike battle, whilst "WE.Sky" of China reigned supreme in the Warcraft III championship.
The tournament came to a close in real chinese style with a fantastic closing ceremony that brought the spirit of the Shaanxi province to everyone in attendance. Afterwards, the trophies and award checks were awarded to the winners, much to the delight of the crowd.
June 10, 2005 - Xian is the historic capital of China. Known as the Eternal City, Xian of the Shaanxi province has seen thousands of years of history filled with ancient battles. On June 3rd, nearly 100 gamers from 16 nations traveled thousands of miles to Xian for another epic conflict. The battleground was the ACON5 Global Finals. Their purpose was to become the ACON5 World Champion. After two grueling days of combat, Virtus Pro from Russia emerged victorious and became the ACON5 Counter-Strike Champions, while WE.Sky bested the competition to claim the ACON5 Warcraft III Championship.
ACON5 kicked off in grand fashion with a traditional Chinese flag and drum ceremony. Used in ancient times to rally troops, the beating drums and flailing flags set the tone for the grand battle at hand. A martial arts demonstration wowed the 1000+ onlookers with nearly inhuman grace and skill. After the spectacle was complete, it was time for the players to take their positions on the battlefield.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- The RAIDMAX X1 case @ CaseModGod
- Rio Forge Sport MP3 Player @ CoolTechZone
- NVIDIA G70 Launch and Shipping Dates Confirmed @ CoolTechZone
- ATI's Catalyst 5.6 Video Card Drivers for the Poor Man's System @ FutureLooks
- COMPUTEX 2005 in Taiwan: Cool Hardware and Smart Booth Babes @ FutureLooks
- Computex 2005 Coverage @ Tech Report
- Gainward, Leadtek Order to Prep for New NVIDIA GPU in Days @ XBit Labs
- Intel and Nokia to Speed Up WiMAX Deployment @ XBit Labs