Just before the weekend, Seagate unveiled 10 new hard drives which are due to be released later this year and into 2006. Of the ten, the one to stand out the most would have to be Seagate's new "160GB 2.5" Momentus 5400.3", the largest capacity HDD of it's kind which uses perpendicular recording technology, as well as hardware based encryption capabilities which is very handy for those looking to have their data secured with ease.
Hardware Zone have spent some time this weekend going over the newly announced products in finer detail for us.
About the same time last year, Seagate took the storage industry by surprise with the announcement of 12 new products. Today, Seagate continued the momentum with yet another major announcement of products, spanning storage devices for consumer electronics to the PC. The announcements today covered 10 new hard disc drives which would be launched later this year and early 2006.
The disclosure of the 10 new storage drives today further strengthened Seagate's commitment to be the world leader in hard disc storage products. New products targeted at new types of applications and continued increases in capacities are some of the key messages Seagate delivered today at their leading manufacturing facility located here at Ang Mo Kio in Singapore. By delivering a broad product line, Seagate believes that these products will provide access to 97% of total hard drive revenue.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Inside ECS - Motherboard Factory Tour @ Hardware Zone
- Computex 2005 - Looking Ahead @ Anandtech
- Qpad Mousepad @ CoreLimits
- Memory Market Overview: June 2005 @ XBit Labs
- Mushkin 2GB HP3200 2-3-2 Dual Pack @ OCTools
- Altec Lansing inMotion iM7 iPod Speakers @ Cooltechzone
- Sorrel SF3000 MP3 player @ AMDZone
- AAC computers LiquidXS watercooled pc @ DriverHeaven
- Alienware ships Athlon 64 X2 systems @ Toms Hardware
- Notebook Maker Pledges to Make AMD Athlon 64 X2 Laptop @ XBit Labs