- Logitech Formula GP Racing Wheel for the PC
If you're finding car games for the PC are starting to grow on you quite a bit, yet you're still trying to hammer through bends tapping the keyboard keys constantly, make the experience 5x better and treat yourself to this cheap offering from Logitech which FutureLooks take an in-depth look at for us today. It might not be up there with the the most hardcore of USB PC Steering wheels/pedals (due to the lack of force feedback etc.) but for $60 U.S. it's a damn sight better than battling away with a keyboard. Well worth considering.
The Formula GP is the entry-level racing wheel Logitech currently offers to the racing game community. The shape, design, and placement of the spokes convey a competition-feel as it closely resembles aftermarket racing wheels. On top of that, the bright yellow rubber-molded inserts make this wheel stand out from the rest, aesthetically. There are two small, but easy-to-find shifter paddles at the back of each horizontal spoke, while 4 small buttons mounted on the front of them allow programmability in your favorite games.
The pedal box features spring-loaded gas and brake pedals that are molded to look like real pedals, which are mounted on a weighted plastic base. It connects to the steering wheel unit via a 6' RJ-11 telephone connector, and a 6' USB cable goes from the steering unit to the PC.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Logitech V200 Cordless Notebook Mouse @ CoolTechZone
- Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless @ Tech-Mods
- Ahanix MCE601 D-Vine Home Theater Case @ Tech-Mods
- PowerColor X800 XL VGA card @ Noticias3D
- Adaptive Game Bundles: Sapphire Select @ Anandtech
- Add A Monitor Using USB: Sitecom's VGA Adapter @ Toms Hardware
- Dueling Dual Cores: AMD vs. Intel @ SimHQ
- Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Core Overclocking @ AMDZone
- DDR2 Industry Slow in 2005 @ CoolTechZone
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.