- DVD Burner round-up: Top 16x drives tested
TechSpot have just constructed their third DVD Burner roundup in which they pair up a few popular dual-layer 16X drives for comparison. Drives tested were the Plextor PX-716A, NEC ND-3520A and LG GSA-4163B.
As TechSpot also mention, it's fairly evident that DVD recording technology has finally reached a plateau which due to actual technology limitations, cant really be exceled upon any further than it already has with regard to compatibility and burn speeds. However, with Blu-ray and HD-DVD on the horizon there's certainly plenty more to look forward to in the world of removable storage.
DVD Burners have had a long way growing towards maturity, and after reviewing these three heavy hitters, I would say the technology has almost been perfected. This time around we bring you last generation units from LG, Plextor and NEC. Not only these will support both kinds of media and burn them at 16x speeds, but also support dual layer media, which means you can store ~8 gigabytes of information in one disk, these hot tamales do it all!
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Thermaltake PurePower TWV 500w PSU @ A1-Electronics
- Ultra XL PC3200 Low-Latency Memory @ CoolTechZone
- Crucial 12 in 1 memory reader & SD Cards @ AMDZone
- Seasonic S12-500 power supply @ AMDZone
- Intel Readying Dual-Core Desktop Dothan @ CoolTechZone
- ABIT Fatal1ty AA8XE Motherboard @ TechPowerUp
- 10 Mammouth CPU Coolers: Size Does Matter @ Toms Hardware
- Lenovo Debuts First Ever ThinkPad Tablet PC @ XBit Labs
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.